T3 AICS Chassis

Danpd

Handled the brand new AICS chassis today designed for the Tikka T3, basically the same as the current Remington one. But inlet for the T3 and allows the use of AI mags

an exciting year for T3 owners.

If only the AX chassis was inlet for the T3 mmmm

Sorry forgot to say that AX will also be offered, no idea on timescale, but that is straight from Alice at AI on the stand at the Shot Show.

That is great news, what would be the waiting time for one ?

That depends on AI and Graeme at Sporting Services, AI are flat out as it is currently, so I would say it will be months rather than weeks.

Spoke to Graham today. The internal chassis is made in the USA for all their stocks, including the T3. He see,s no reason why the centre section for the T3 wont be shipped back here for assembly however.

As with all things AI, they work in their own sweet time.

Its great news though. :)

I own a T3 varmint in 300 winmag, it has a box magazine, albeit an excuse for a box magazine. Would I be asking too much to expect that a T3 AICS with the correct magazine would be fine to function without any messing?As the Remington model does now?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Tikka T3 AI chassis will be available in 2014 for the short action (.308) but not planned as an AX style as yet or left handed. Graeme at Sporting Services can give you pricing but the production has been delayed to 2014. Alice

• 5 months later...

Keeping up with current products like AX chassis's and magazine would be a bonus, never mind constantly coming up with new stuff.

I,ve had an AX chassis on back order for ages and there is no sign of it.

Dave, my Tikka T3 Varmint left handed is a great out the box rifle, really accurate - but the plastic stock is awful - any suggestions for a tough tactical stock ?

Manners T4 is an option, don't know if Roger has any lefties in though (SYSS). Combined with CDI bottom metal it makes cycling through the mag as smooth as butter.

Archived