Uk source for annealing machine?

MJR

Is there a source in the uk for an annealing machine or are they only available from the states? Quite like the look of the giraud but theirs fall under ITAR I believe. The new bench source also look good with the rotating plate below the piece being annealed - has anyone used one of these machines?

Thanks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bench Source ship to the UK, my darling wife bought me one a couple of years ago as a birthday present. Since then, with her permission, I've sold that to a fellow UKV Member and now have one, of what I believe to be only two, Giraud Annealers in the UK. The Bench Source is a fine machine and I annealed many cases with it without any problems, only thing is it does not come with any torches but they can be found in the UK. The Giraud comes with everything needed apart from the propane and bottles that fit the supplied torch are available in the UK. Doug Giraud did not export the annealer it was supplied to me while I was in the USA on duty for 4 months and exported by sea myself.

Thanks for the reply's.

John, how versatile is the giraud? The bench source looks easy to adjust for different height cases simply by moving the torches, what about the giraud? Presume there's little time difference between the two other than you have to keep feeding the bench source?

The Giraud requires a change of feed wheels to swap calibers but apart from that is simple to use. The reason I changed is that I tend to anneal cases in large batches so the large hopper on the Giraud was appealing as the Bench Source requires hand feeding, however, the both annealers should never be left unattended when the torches are burning.

• 1 month later...

Lovely machine John

I was under the impression Davy may be making one for general sale, though not sure how this is progressing.

The Giraud looks the bizz..

Has anyone done back to back accuracy testing with annealed cases versus unannealed after say 5 firings?

I looked into buying a giraud as they looked the best but with ITAR regs it wasn't worth it. For the amount of brass I'd anneal a bench source looks very tempting.

Does anyone anneal commercially?

Has anyone done back to back accuracy testing with annealed cases versus unannealed after say 5 firings? I looked into buying a giraud as they looked the best but with ITAR regs it wasn't worth it. For the amount of brass I'd anneal a bench source looks very tempting. Does anyone anneal commercially?

I believe Spud offers this service

Has anyone done back to back accuracy testing with annealed cases versus unannealed after say 5 firings? I looked into buying a giraud as they looked the best but with ITAR regs it wasn't worth it. For the amount of brass I'd anneal a bench source looks very tempting. Does anyone anneal commercially?

www.riflebrassrefurb.co.uk

As mention before I shall be building a annealing machine similar to Ballistic edge model 360. Now what torches are recommended for annealing with this type of machine. Ebay seems to be a good place to start looking but their are so many, don't know where to start.

Chhers

Archived