Whats best MPG and cheapest to insure in pickups ?

Barrelsniffer

As said above looking at changing the piece crap they call landrover discovery 3 and will replace with pickup, ive posted in past as what you guys recommend, but out of the main ones which are cheaper to insure and give best miles per gallon ?

Mick

Mick,

I have a '04' Ford Ranger and recently got a '12' Toyota Hi Lux Invincible only while mine gets repaired from an accident. (Had it a month, and dont want to give it back :wub: ) Cant help with the insurance as they are both company cars. But the mpg's are approx 24 - 25 for the Ranger (2.5 litre) and 27 - 28 for the Hi lux (3.0 litre) My driving is probably 50% motorways/A roads.

HTH

Steve

Hi mick,

A big +1 for the above, I changed from a Navara to the new 3.0l Hilux back in October, getting 32 mpg & a range of 476 miles from a tank (according to the trip) & that's with towing a horse box around tight North Wales roads, delighted with the truck lighter steering & clutch plus it's loaded with toy's. Insuance wise fully comp for me & one other named driver (wife) best I found by a long way was LV @ £274.00, blew Aviva, who I had been with for some year's out of the water they did not even bother to try & better it, said they could not.

Hope this helps

Mark.

the older models 2003 2004 2005 d/cabs EX models hold there price better more sort after good mpg 125,000 plus £5000 to 6ooo on auto trader good sound trucks best of the bunch not cheap but good

Marc 274 for insurance now i like the sound of that..since ive had my disco 3 yrs i must of spent 3500+ in repairs and 2000 of that in last 4 months so although its a great veh to drive and i will miss it, it has to go...hilux so far are at top of my list been offered 10-11,000 px for disco but may also add 3-5 on top try get a newer model veh.

Isuzu, new Yukon, leased and currently getting around 38-40 MPG. Much better than the old Denver but I have a land Rover as a back up! Not cheap to service but seems reliable. Interior not quite as plasticky as the Toyota.

hi mick,

as regards insurance, try some of the comparison sites, its deffinatly worth having a look around every time it comes up for renewal, for the sake of an hour on the computer you could save yourself a fair few pennies ;)

its a sad state of affairs, but you get sod all for loyalty these days :mad: , the new customer sees to get the best deal

cheers jock

Archived