1 the choice is Ruger 77/22 or cz 527 any pros or cons on each

2 what should I expect to pay for a good used set up gun, scope, mod

3 anybody got anything for sale ?

Cheers mick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya mate,

The .22 hornet, a great little round. Dont get the the Ruger, the look very nice but they are common for crap accuracy, never tried one but my mates have owned them and got rid as they weren't very accurate, i have also read similar things before, think it is something to do with sloppy chambers?

I have a CZ 527 and it is awsomley accurate, 35 and 40 Grain V-Max's one hole groups at 100 yards, although the 40's are the best further down range due to their higher BC. The 50 grain SPSX are also very good .5MOA easy enough at 100 yards.

2 of my mates also have the 527's and they have similar results to mine.

Im still considering selling mine but can never commit as i love it so much :wub: :wub:

A price depends really if you buy a gun only, gun and scope etc. i think a mint second hand one would fetch around £400 5-600 depending if and what scope it had on it, pluss a bit more if it comes with ammo and reloading dies etc.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Steve.

Hey Mick,

I picked up my 527 from a mate with scope, DM80 mod, rings, dies and some ammo and brass for £425 but then that was mates rates.

I'd second 247 sniper/steve with the 527. Nice light walkabout rifle and accurate too. ^_^

Without a doubt go with the CZ, a really excellent little varmint rifle. I got great results with 40 gr vmax and 50gr sp heads. If you go with the CZ I should have a spare mag kicking about and I've also got a load of brass and rcbc / lee dies. Drop me a pm if Interested.

LilGunGroup015CROPPED-1.jpg

The CZ.

Rugers are junk.~Andrew

A picture paints a thousand words .And a land slide victory for the CZ .Now to find one at a good price

mick

Without a doubt go with the CZ, a really excellent little varmint rifle. I got great results with 40 gr vmax and 50gr sp heads. If you go with the CZ I should have a spare mag kicking about and I've also got a load of brass and rcbc / lee dies. Drop me a pm if Interested.

If the OP doesn't want the spare mag, I will buy it off you matey.

Steve.

If the OP doesn't want the spare mag, I will buy it off you matey.

Steve.

• 2 months later...

Cz for me to had one 223 great little gun once I cleaned the mag up with a stone as it feed a little rough very light accurate little gun the set trigger although not for everyone was a great feature always kinda regret selling it!

Now I am interested in that mag if its going? pm me pls with price

Now I am interested in that mag if its going? pm me pls with price

I have been waiting and offered to buy it since/on the 30th December :P

The mag that i got with the un has been done .it looks like the plastic spacer at the back of the mag has been taken out reduced in depth and refitted .It works but prefir to use the un modded mag .

Mick

I modified my CZ527 hornet mag to take 40gr blitzkings and it feeds fine.

I removed the original rear plastic guide from the magazine and made a slimmer replacement one.

http://www.thebuxtons.co.uk/pictures/CZ527HornetMagMod1.JPG

I then had to make a new follower that was slightly longer than the original so that it fitted correctly between the front and rear plastic guides.

http://www.thebuxtons.co.uk/pictures/CZ527HornetMagMod2.JPG

The new follower had to have a spacer to keep the magazine spring putting pressure in the correct place.

The magazine will only take 3 rounds ( 4 at a push ) but that is fine for me.

If anyone wants to have a go themselves and wants more pics, just ask and I'll strip the mag and take some more.

Cheers

Neil

I modified my CZ527 hornet mag to take 40gr blitzkings and it feeds fine.

I removed the original rear plastic guide from the magazine and made a slimmer replacement one.

http://www.thebuxtons.co.uk/pictures/CZ527HornetMagMod1.JPG

I then had to make a new follower that was slightly longer than the original so that it fitted correctly between the front and rear plastic guides.

http://www.thebuxtons.co.uk/pictures/CZ527HornetMagMod2.JPG

The new follower had to have a spacer to keep the magazine spring putting pressure in the correct place.

The magazine will only take 3 rounds ( 4 at a push ) but that is fine for me.

If anyone wants to have a go themselves and wants more pics, just ask and I'll strip the mag and take some more.

Cheers

Neil

hi buddy would like to see some photos of inside if you can

Archived