kelly kettle

Aggy

I bought a Kelly kettle scout ,the middle size one a couple of weeks ago .not a new idea I think they have been making them for the last 100 years or so ,really liking it so far ,used it about half a dozen times.coffee just tastes better when you boil your water with a hand full of twigs.

Had one a few years ago and used it extensively. If out and about pick up some dry fir cones and they go like hell. I used to collect a bagful and kept them in the landy. If the fuel is artificial then newspaper sausages work well. I raced the caravan kettle on gas and the kelly won despite twice the water volume.

After a lot of use the chain rivets for the stopper can come loose so I removed them and tig welded the holes up as they soon kill the fire out when they drip. The neck also can loosen so i tigged that up as well.

Good piece of kit ;)

I bought a Kelly kettle scout ,the middle size one a couple of weeks ago .not a new idea I think they have been making them for the last 100 years or so ,really liking it so far ,used it about half a dozen times.coffee just tastes better when you boil your water with a hand full of twigs.

I assume 6.5 mm twigs are the best-burn forever,then a bit longer?

george

Archived