Taking the plunge.

achosenman

I’m using a 223. I tried a 204 for a few years but although a cracking little round, I found it more limiting than a 223.

I’m using a Pulsar Quantum HD38 thermal scope. The battery life (4xAA) is around 2 hours, but they do supply a 12v lead for the vehicle as standard, and the battery pack from the N750 will mount onto the side of the thermal scope so really power is not a problem.

I still cannot quite believe how good this kit is for the money.

ATB

+1

Iam currently using the Pulsar HD38 Thermal together with a Longbow, set up on my .223. never been happier.

The Thermal knocks spots of even the best nv spotters, you can see twice as far, deep into woods and animal pick up is instant.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Took you long enuff bud ;)

Sure did mate. My choices were not what they could have been and I burnt some fuel going to see the various toys around the country as well. I met some really knowledgeable folks who were happy to let me have a play with their toys. Your pointers we a godsend mate. But if it had not been for the reason I mentioned to you, I would have gone a different path with the sight.

Another 4 foxes last night. :D:D

ATB

I’m using a 223. I tried a 204 for a few years but although a cracking little round, I found it more limiting than a 223.

I’m using a Pulsar Quantum HD38 thermal scope. The battery life (4xAA) is around 2 hours, but they do supply a 12v lead for the vehicle as standard, and the battery pack from the N750 will mount onto the side of the thermal scope so really power is not a problem.

I still cannot quite believe how good this kit is for the money.

ATB

any pics of your set up? sounds like a very good system you have i thought about getting another 14 as a spotter but thinking a bit more on the thermal set up after reading a few posts on the subject.

Archived