Nightmaster 800 Torch

Aggy

Has anybody tried the Nightmaster 800 yet?. I got one today Red LED you can focus the beam from spot to flood .When on spot I can clearly see over 400 yrd .Here is a pic on the HMR

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp131/mickaggy/IMG_0294.jpg?t=1351962834

Mick

I'll be very interested on how you get on with the torch with a red led as I'm thinking of getting one for foxing,how far do you think you can identify and shoot a fox at?

Regards

BB

Not been out in the field with it yet ,I will let you know .

There is a video on youtube showing the red LED on a fox at 200 yrd with no problem at all .

All in with some extra 's it has just cost £171

Mick

I contemplated getting one, but the combined price of all the bells and whistles I wanted (cos I usually want'em'all :wub: ) was too much for my budget.

I've cheaped out and ordered a Crelant 7G5CS with an additional collimator head. I am told that even without the collimator head it's a substantial bit of kit and will illuminate a fox farther than I would shoot one (300+ yards). Supposedly the collimator beam is around a 14foot square at 100 yards which should suit my scope nicely if it's correct.

There are minuses though:

It's not focusable Like the NM800, so what you see is what you get.

The brightness can be adjusted but rather awkwardly, having to go all the way up before it comes down (and vice versa) and blinking three times at peak.

There's no coloured or IR LED's that I am aware of.

But it's a lot cheaper :ph34r:

Anyway, might not work, foxes may hate the sight of it, just taking a chance on it.

I have just been out with just the torch no rifle or scope just to see what it's like .Nightmaster claim 800 yrd for the white light and i can well believe it with the red LED IF the beam has something to hit or reflect from it is visible easily over 400 yrd across a flat field it is hard to tell but 200 yrd would be no problem .

Mick

Has anybody tried the Nightmaster 800 yet?. I got one today Red LED you can focus the beam from spot to flood .When on spot I can clearly see over 400 yrd .Here is a pic on the HMR

Mick

Sounds good,i have 1 on order(red)...well i typed the wrong house no in :blush: so it's actually been and now on it's way back to them as the lady at the house it arrived at gave it back to the postman :rolleyes: still not arrived back at Taclight yet,but that's encouraging to know the beam is as good as described.

Wanted it to use whilst waiting for my new Archer NV,now looks like the NV will be here 1st.

Mick

Hi Just bought the IR version to try out with my Longbow and Archer, quick test last night and looks very very good, very clear, yet to see what Mr fox thinks of it.

Been thinking of getting one myself as a decent laser illuminator is the same kind of money but the 800ir can be used for lamping aswell. I mainly want it to reduce the size of my nv setup as the pulsar + striker with ir filter is a fair lump. Let me know how you get on with the ir version please lads and could some one post up a picture or two of it in use? Looks like it will be on my Xmas list! Cheers, Simon ;)

Been thinking of getting one myself as a decent laser illuminator is the same kind of money but the 800ir can be used for lamping aswell. I mainly want it to reduce the size of my nv setup as the pulsar + striker with ir filter is a fair lump. Let me know how you get on with the ir version please lads and could some one post up a picture or two of it in use? Looks like it will be on my Xmas list! Cheers, Simon ;)

Nightmaster 800IR mounted on a N750:

N750_%2B_Nightmaster_Small.jpg

And here it is in action:

The video is a bit overexposed as it was taken when I had only just got the N750, I have learnt how to manage the exposure much better now. Last shot was 337 yards, I could see the fox clearly in the viewfinder although the video doen't really show that

The Nightmaster makes an excellent gun mounted torch/illuminator, I wouldn't want to use one for spotting as the beam is too tight when compared to a Lightforce 170/240, there may well be cheaper alternatives on the way, Marky610 on the NightvisionforumUK is going to be making up a new torch for £75, looks good but is externally 12v powered not by internal batteries.

Can someone put a pic up of the front wi IR mode on, i want to see how much glow comes from these please.

I haven't got any pics but I walked out to 100 yards with my 800IR on, looking at it looked like a small red traffic light in the distance, not really bright but not really dull either, the beam was not visible at all. I have had no sign that any of the foxes I have shot with it so far have taken any notice unlike the N1000AP I used to use.

Nightmaster 800IR mounted on a N750:

N750_%2B_Nightmaster_Small.jpg

And here it is in action:

The video is a bit overexposed as it was taken when I had only just got the N750, I have learnt how to manage the exposure much better now. Last shot was 337 yards, I could see the fox clearly in the viewfinder although the video doen't really show that

The Nightmaster makes an excellent gun mounted torch/illuminator, I wouldn't want to use one for spotting as the beam is too tight when compared to a Lightforce 170/240, there may well be cheaper alternatives on the way, Marky610 on the NightvisionforumUK is going to be making up a new torch for £75, looks good but is externally 12v powered not by internal batteries.

I haven't got any pics but I walked out to 100 yards with my 800IR on, looking at it looked like a small red traffic light in the distance, not really bright but not really dull either, the beam was not visible at all. I have had no sign that any of the foxes I have shot with it so far have taken any notice unlike the N1000AP I used to use.

Does that mount come with the kit or is it something you have made up? Cheers, Simon

Does that mount come with the kit or is it something you have made up? Cheers, Simon

The mount that was supplied by Taclight was crap, the mounts in the picture are 1" adjustable scope ones made by Hawke, they work really well but are very fiddly to setup, there are several other solutions out there as well.

The mount that was supplied by Taclight was crap, the mounts in the picture are 1" adjustable scope ones made by Hawke, they work really well but are very fiddly to setup, there are several other solutions out there as well.

What is the diameter of the torch Anthony? Would something like a 1" warne quick detatch ring be suitable?

Cheers, Simon

What is the diameter of the torch Anthony? Would something like a 1" warne quick detatch ring be suitable?

Cheers, Simon

The torch body is indeed 1" however you do need adjustable mounts to put the torch beam in the right place, there a couple of options on eBay but I can't remember the item numbers at the moment. Taclight have said that a new adjustable mount is coming but I don't know when.

The torch body is indeed 1" however you do need adjustable mounts to put the torch beam in the right place, there a couple of options on eBay but I can't remember the item numbers at the moment. Taclight have said that a new adjustable mount is coming but I don't know when.

I see where your coming from, has to be adjustable toget the beam in the sight picture. Cheers, Simon

Any more field reports......
I have one mounted on my spotting scope tried it on the Archer and the longbow, must say Iam impressed, I have found the light to be very clear, and gives me more distance than the NV1000 or the starlight fireflys I have, I dont realy need more distance as I can see much further than I can shoot, with the bow anyway, but thats not the point. The batteries are the rechargable type so plenty on the Bay to buy and keep charged in my pocket. Bit fed up with buying thoses cr123s for the NV and firefly so the nightmaster makes a change. I plan to buy a another and mount it on the longbow. The only issue I have is, I used it last night to shoot three foxes form a barn window, they were all about 150-157 yards out, not a problem for the longbow, but you do get a bit of glare or lightback if looking through a window. The torch needs to have a completely clear field around it. When I finished I went to collect the dead and left the torch on pointing down I also left my spotting scope on with the NV1000 on I walked out to 160 yards and looked back up to the barn. The torch had a faint glow the NV was quite intense, personaly that does not bother me if they are laser shy then I will get them with no laser, hey you cant shoot them all. Summing up the torch is a good IR and gets my vote ( I mean money) buy one you wont be dissapointed.

ATB

Mike........

Hows that for a field report !.

I have one mounted on my spotting scope (PVS) tried it on the Archer and the longbow, must say Iam impressed, I have found the light to be very clear, and gives me more distance than the NV1000 or the starlight fireflys I have, I dont realy need more distance as I can see much further than I can shoot, with the bow anyway, but thats not the point. The batteries are the rechargable type so plenty on the Bay to buy and keep charged in my pocket. Bit fed up with buying thoses cr123s for the NV and firefly so the nightmaster makes a change. I plan to buy a another and mount it on the longbow. The only issue I have is, I used it last night to shoot three foxes form a barn window, they were all about 150-157 yards out, not a problem for the longbow, but you do get a bit of glare or lightback if looking through a window. The torch needs to have a completely clear field around it. When I finished I went to collect the dead and left the torch on pointing down I also left my spotting scope on with the NV1000 on I walked out to 160 yards and looked back up to the barn. The torch had a faint glow the NV was quite intense, personaly that does not bother me if they are laser shy then I will get them with no laser, hey you cant shoot them all. Summing up the torch is a good IR and gets my vote ( I mean money) buy one you wont be dissapointed.

ATB

Mike........

Hows that for a field report !.

Nice report Mike,

Would you say the torch is more NV unit friendly (less intense) than a laser, I don't really like using the archer / laser for rabbiting when obviously it's switched on a lot more than foxing.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

i have a NM800 on the red led i bagged a fox on sat at 290m with it , the light lit him up no problems for me to clearly see not just him but the backround as well this was through a x12 mag scope, i have seen eyes out to well over 500m

Impressive......think the wallet may get a battering next week, from what I understand can the IR version be turned into a red LED?

Archived