brown dog

UKV-State of the Nation (Over 30,000 unique visitors per month!)

Just a short update: How busy is it here?

Some time ago, as much out of geek-interest as to see where the site sits in terms of marketing power I started analysing the visitor stats here. We are, after all, all members of a niche market offering very tightly targeted access to a self-segmented part of that niche market (ie we choose to come to a precision rifle specific forum and keep returning).

The full ‘printout’ is below with the main data zoomed in on in the top snip.

19 Oct to 19 Sep:

Around 11,000 unique individual visitors per month.

Of particular interest to advertisers targeting the British and Irish precision rifle niches is that of those 11,000 individuals, 82% are British and Irish (compare, for example, with Team Wild TV which sits at 8% British) – so no marketing revenue expended messaging unreachable foreign markets.

Our return visitor stats sit at 75%, which is stunning, and shows real penetration of the UK and Irish precision rifle niche (a website with 30% returners would be considered exceptional; 75% is off the scale!)

And around that continuing upward trajectory; you all continue to not only make this UK and Ireland’s premier, and technically expert, ‘go-to’ precision rifle forum; but to do so in the uniquely friendly, intelligent and ‘grown up’ way that is the hallmark of UKV.

Thank you! cool.gif

analytics19SEP-19OCT12mini.jpg

analytics19SEP-19OCT12.jpg

ineresting figues BD

how does the monthly visitors compare to the number of new members, ie. are alot of visitors returning as guests or signing up as a member

keep up the good work

cheers jock

Thanks Jock; I think the members/guests split runs about 50:50 (haven't run a stat, just my feel for how the 'active users' thing on the frontpage tends to show the breakdown)

Some time ago, as much out of geek-interest as to see where the site sits in terms of marketing power I started analysing the visitor stats here. We are, after all, all members of a niche market offering very tightly targeted access to a self-segmented part of that niche market (ie we choose to come to a precision rifle specific forum and keep returning).

19 Oct to 19 Sep:

Of particular interest to advertisers targeting the British and Irish precision rifle niches is that of those 11,000 individuals, 82% are British and Irish (compare, for example, with Team Wild TV which sits at 8% British) – so no marketing revenue expended messaging unreachable foreign markets.

Our return visitor stats sit at 75%, which is stunning, and shows real penetration of the UK and Irish precision rifle niche (a website with 30% returners would be considered exceptional; 75% is off the scale!)

And around that continuing upward trajectory; you all continue to not only make this UK and Ireland’s premier, and technically expert, ‘go-to’ precision rifle forum; but to do so in the uniquely friendly, intelligent and ‘grown up’ way that is the hallmark of UKV.

Thank you! B)

Im sure we will never see the figures, but it would be interesting to see what the stats were of other shooting forums in the UK compared to this one.

My guess would be ours will be away better in terms of activity, returning member input and actual satisfaction (if one could measure such a thing, its certainly been apparent recently that there have been several people coming to the forum who have been inactive for a long time - quite why this is, I don't, know.

We must be doing something right though....

Its my 'go to' site as I know that there is a huge knowledge-pool out there if I need it.

Just a bump to keep this 'live' for those that haven't seen it:

19 Oct to 19 Sep:

Thank you! B)

Its my 'go to' site as I know that there is a huge knowledge-pool out there if I need it.

+1

I have always said it UKV is THE forum

Onwards and upwards:

UKV per month.

We're now at

12,000 individual British and Irish precision rifle enthusiasts

making 38,000 visits

and over 244,000 pageviews

Return visits still at a stunning 75%.

analytics11NOV-01DEC12.jpg

Impressive stats! But, they make sense when one thinks about it.

Also good to know that although I'm weird, at least I'm not alone...

Impressive stats! But, they make sense when one thinks about it.

Also good to know that although I'm weird, at least I'm not alone...

ha ha :lol::lol:

analytics9Feb2013-11Mar201315105_zpsd4ef

UKV per month.

We're now at
15,000 individual British and Irish precision rifle enthusiasts
making 46,000 visits

UKV per month:

We're now at 16,600 individual British and Irish precision rifle enthusiasts

making 47,500 visits

and over 285,600 pageviews

2013_10_3analytics3Oct13-2Nov13_zpsb1326

Not at all surprised by the continuing rise of this forum. A wealth of knowledge, friendly folks ,a bit of banter, definitely the thinking mans rifle forum...........

The knowledge and friendly members who are willing to help are what attracted me to this site.

I've seen nothing to make me change my mind...simply the best.

A big thanks to all those working behind the scenes for a great place to hang out and learn.

ATB

UKV....THE Shooting forum ;).

I would be interested to see the breakdown between UK and Irish members. You should know this from the IP addresses. Great site BTW. Different ambiance from any other site I regularly visit--all down to the quality of the viewers and the light touch moderating.

I would be interested to see the breakdown between UK and Irish members. You should know this from the IP addresses. Great site BTW. Different ambiance from any other site I regularly visit--all down to the quality of the viewers and the light touch moderating.

Thanks. Percentage breakdown looks to be in the parish of the relative populations. Eire population around 7% the size of UK & NI. Showing here looks to be around 6% of UK & NI total.

THE BEST UK SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

This site is an odd one.

You cant help looking.

You cant help but help other members

You cant beat the knowledge base.

You cant get this kind of help and info from a normal shooting situation.

Maybe its that we cant see or hear the other person who is answering that question.

So if you take away the first visual judgement ( judge a book by its cover) it breaks down all the barriers.

The weird one for me is if you ask a member who hits V bulls all day long what the secret is he will give you all the help until you are hitting V bulls all day long as well, explain that?

Plus we all are passionate about our shooting and outdoor sports.

Just a thought.

Blah Blah Blah

Don't worry my lift goes nearly to the top.

Not done one of these for a while.

Throughout 2014 to date, UKV has held steady at around

20,000 unique individual visitors per month

(together,making around 400,000 page views per month).

At 20,000 individuals per month, we have a bigger readership than any UK rifle magazine!

Consistency; 3 snapshots:

Feb/Mar 21,000 unique individual visitors making 394,000 pageviews

May/Jun 19,000 unique individual visitors making 404,000 pageviews

Jun/Jul 20,000 unique individual visitors making 382,000 pageviews

2014_03_18analytics15Feb14-17Mar14_zps2f

2014_06_15analytics15May14-14Jun14_zpsec

2014_07_30analytics29Jun14-29Jul14_zps7d