Parkerising

Jager SA

Just thought I would let you all know I have my Park tanks now up and running.

For those not in the know, it is a rustproof coating applied to ferous metal parts of firearms inc barrels and actions. This process isnt suited to Stainless.

Thinkness is measured in microns so it gets deep into the pores of the metal rather than filling them as Duracoat does. This treatment is a great pre-treatment for Duracoat also

Kal

Hi Kal,

Gives us all some idea on prices for barrel and actions and what sort of timescales etc.

Would this mean the barrel and T8/4 mods would have the same appearance?

Hi Kal,

Gives us all some idea on prices for barrel and actions and what sort of timescales etc.

Would this mean the barrel and T8/4 mods would have the same appearance?

Price for barrelled action is around £70 + vat, at the moment I can only park actions and small component parts as im waiting on a longer tank for barrels.

The finish is similar to that of the T8 but I can Duracoat the exterior to match.

Just thought I would let you all know I have my Park tanks now up and running.

For those not in the know, it is a rustproof coating applied to ferous metal parts of firearms inc barrels and actions. This process isnt suited to Stainless.

Thinkness is measured in microns so it gets deep into the pores of the metal rather than filling them as Duracoat does. This treatment is a great pre-treatment for Duracoat also

Kal

Interesting subject Kal :lol:

Parkerized and Duracoat :lol: And here was me thinking that you just dipped things in a tank and wrote an invoice :lol::lol:

How about some stage by stage photos so we can all see the work that goes into creating a new finish :lol:

Don`t give too much away though because if you make it look too easy I might just just be down the scrappy this afternoon looking for an old bath and I`ve already got a spray gun somewhere that I wax oiled the Landrover with last year :lol:

Interesting subject Kal :lol:

Parkerized and Duracoat :lol: And here was me thinking that you just dipped things in a tank and wrote an invoice :lol::lol:

How about some stage by stage photos so we can all see the work that goes into creating a new finish :lol:

Don`t give too much away though because if you make it look too easy I might just just be down the scrappy this afternoon looking for an old bath and I`ve already got a spray gun somewhere that I wax oiled the Landrover with last year :lol:

Bath? What do you think im using for the park tank?;):D:D

Will start to take pics of the stages when I can.

Archived