Medication for the older dog

325WSM

Metacam for older arthritic dogs I have a new unopened bottle of Metacam that sadly we shall now no longer be needing. This now has a new home - Thanks

Incurin I also have a number of packets of Incurin for the older spayed bitch that helps with slight incontinence via HRT.

if anyone uses these medications for their dog please email me and I will gladly post either to you.

mry716@hotmail.com

Would this Metacam be a good option for a 13 year old border collie?

He has an arthritic shoulder and weve tried a few options but to no avail. Sets of on a gallop but after 10 minutes reverts to a limp.

If so can I have first shout.

Would this Metacam be a good option for a 13 year old border collie?

He has an arthritic shoulder and weve tried a few options but to no avail. Sets of on a gallop but after 10 minutes reverts to a limp.

If so can I have first shout.

Short answer is YES it would.

Long answer is. You need to give the patient a high dosage for a number of weeks and then reduce the daily amount to the base maintenance dosage, so your first bottle does get used quite quickly. But it does work extremely well.

Pete01,

not trying to picky here, but the initial dose for metacam Day1 is a double loading dose, then day 2 .....etc is at maintenance dose. You should check with you vet to make sure that your older dog is suitable to be on this product .There are a few conditions which would exclude its use e.g kidney problems.

Dave

Hi guys , just a little note here and i hope you don't mind!!!!

Now i am not experienced in medication for dogs but please be careful with what you are offering , am i right that some drugs ( like for people ) have to be prescribed by a vet and that not doing so may get you in trouble!!!

Hope you can enlighten me on this please..... :P

Please forgive me for saying this but just want to make sure we all stay legal on this site, hope you understand my thoughts..

Thanks for listening.............

All the best ....................

RAY.......................................... :D:P

Hi guys , just a little note here and i hope you don't mind!!!!

Now i am not experienced in medication for dogs but please be careful with what you are offering , am i right that some drugs ( like for people ) have to be prescribed by a vet and that not doing so may get you in trouble!!!

Hope you can enlighten me on this please..... :P

Please forgive me for saying this but just want to make sure we all stay legal on this site, hope you understand my thoughts..

Thanks for listening.............

All the best ....................

RAY.......................................... :D:P

Yes you are correct.

Both the drugs I was offering are prescription only and I arranged to ensure that the persons to whom I gave the drugs had the relevant prescription.

There was an expectation that unless one had seen the vet and received the medication via them one was unlikely to know about it but I did check before I posted them.

It was just that I had 'topped up' with medication immediately before my dog had a stroke and I had about £150 worth of drugs that I was not prepared to just dump when they would do someone else's dog some good and save someone a few pounds.

I am sorry if you feel I should have contacted you beforehand but given the circumstances I never even considered there may be site implications from my post.

M

Yes you are correct.

Both the drugs I was offering are prescription only and I arranged to ensure that the persons to whom I gave the drugs had the relevant prescription.

There was an expectation that unless one had seen the vet and received the medication via them one was unlikely to know about it but I did check before I posted them.

It was just that I had 'topped up' with medication immediately before my dog had a stroke and I had about £150 worth of drugs that I was not prepared to just dump when they would do someone else's dog some good and save someone a few pounds.

I am sorry if you feel I should have contacted you beforehand but given the circumstances I never even considered there may be site implications from my post.

M

Hey buddy no harm done so no apology needed!!!!! :P :P

Thanks for your reply its much appreciated and i have learned something as well!!! ;):D

All the best buddy......................

RAY.......................................... ;) ;)

Archived