Charlie's F classer.

baldie

Here,s pics of Charlie F class Valkyrie i,ve finally finished today.

IMG_1350_crop_zps6282bc7b.jpg

Its a Valkyrie single shot action , tight toleranced on the bolt similar to a benchrest rifle. It has the diamond fluting, and also the coffin lid bolt shroud.

IMG_1356_zps833fd8c4.jpg

Rail is 20 moa.

IMG_1349_zps58a1f66b.jpg

The barrel is a Border cut rifled , 1 in 7.5" twist, and chambered in 6mmSLR specifically for the D-Tac 115 grain bullet.

IMG_1347_crop_zps65ca2c05.jpg

IMG_1346_crop_zpsa7f37bcf.jpg

The barrelled action has been highly polished.

Trigger is a jewel, and the front action bolt has a custom made escutcheon. Trigger guard is an aluminium ADL model.

Fully bedded in devcon and aluminium pillars

Now, onto that bloody stock. :lol:

IMG_1345_crop_zps6793ef24.jpg

Its a Shehane tracker in African Obeche , was supposed to come fully inletted, and had a barrel channel and a trigger hole....that was it !

IMG_1344_crop_zpsbf8369a6.jpg

The spec was a gloss finish. :rolleyes:

This swine has taken 12 coats of 2 pack, with a full wet flat between every coat , and 3 hours of polishing this morning.

Never again...... :lol:

However, the finish is a mile deep and looks a million dollars.

Thats blooody ugly all that shiney crap,. Another go faster rifle for a frozen orange seller .

me likes alot really , well done dave another master peice

im hopefully joining the 6slr crew next week (after dannyt rebarrelled mine for me) once my beast returns from proof.

Mr E is going to love that Dave shame he cant shoot for that which promotes growth and vigour.

Nice rifle Dave - I have the identical stock - they are almost too nice to shoot!

Incidentally - one of your customers - Nick with his 284 F Class rig you built him - shot a 4.25 inch group at 1000 yards in the benchrest comp. last Sunday.

Vince

Nice rifle Dave - I have the identical stock - they are almost too nice to shoot!

Incidentally - one of your customers - Nick with his 284 F Class rig you built him - shot a 4.25 inch group at 1000 yards in the benchrest comp. last Sunday.

Vince

Really ? :blink:

Bet he,s like a dog with two tails. :)

Thanks for the kind words Spud. Lost my lurker status now :ph34r:

Dave you have done a truly outstanding job on that rifle and as others have stated it really does look stunning. Will be there first thing tomorrow!!

Cheers Charlie

Really nice looking rifle, sure its new owner will be delighted.

I have a similar stock from Bill on my 20BR, Vermincinerator finished it for me using Tru Oil and got a similar finish to yours, maybe not quite as shiny but not far off. Maybe that might be something to consider next time. With a stock like that you will get others wanting one.

A

Really nice looking rifle, sure its new owner will be delighted.

I have a similar stock from Bill on my 20BR, Vermincinerator finished it for me using Tru Oil and got a similar finish to yours, maybe not quite as shiny but not far off. Maybe that might be something to consider next time. With a stock like that you will get others wanting one.

A

I,ve used tru-oil a lot in the past and it is a good finish with great depth of shine. It does however discolour the wood/laminate to a degree, due to the number of coats required.

2 pack is harder, and is crystal clear, and can obviously be sprayed.

Both finishes have their uses and places.

This one was particularly difficult because the grain simply did not want to fill. Next time i will use a sanding sealer on Obeche. Most laminates do not require it however.

Archived