New website, have a look and let me know what you think

dorg

We have had a new website done joewestriflestocks.com , please have a look and let me know what you think ? Is is clear enough ,can you understand it have we missed anything. Please let me know.

Thanks Dorg

Add £100 to all the prices and put some nicer scopes on show.

I rather think the idea is to sell stocks, not scopes :wacko:

The site is fine, clear simple to navigate and has a personal feel to it. Good luck and good selling

Mike

Looks great.

A couple of years ago I would have had one of your stocks without hesitation. Couldn't find what I wanted so made my own. It looks suprisingly similar to one of your models.

Rich

I think the layout is fine, concise and to the point. Good luck with it, great to see another British supplier.

Would it be possible to put a l/h inlet for a cz452 into a tac5 stock? And do you plan on doing any Tikka 595/T3 inlets?

Thanks.

Oh well. As I use to have to read heaps of such copy either as web sites or main stream advertising as part of my job, I might be ultra critical. That's not strictly true I am ultra critical.... I can tell a professionally written piece of copy from a reasonable amateur attempt at first glance. I always worked on first impressions count the most and your web sites home page is very often your potential customers first and only opportunity to form an opinion.

If you and Joe are happy with it that's all that counts. You did ask of comments.......

i'm sure the guy,s will take on board all construtional critism, ;)

guess most of us members on here are classed as 'laymen' and as long as we can find our way round a web site quickly, finding what we like the look of and at what price, then we're happy bunnies :lol: :lol:

to be honest, i wouldn't notice many grammer mistakes, i'm to busy drooling over the pictures :wub:

cheers jock

Help whats a UPB. My daughter has just ordered me a Worsills cd for the Midland, you are all welcome to listen with your beer saturday night. I can drive a tractor I drove through haystack last night.

Joe, I like your stocks and it's encouraging to find a UK source for decent custom laminate stocks that don't cost the earth. I'm particularly keen on what you term "mountain" laminate, and the black/white one (any chance of "tiger" laminate like Richard's offer?). And in the gallery, I admired that CU pic of someone's Sako fitted with a thumbhole varmint stock with finger-grooved grip, very nice indeed. When I get my next rifle you will be my first port of call for the stock, seriously.

I've had a few websites of my own, moving upmarket each time; late last year I engaged a website designer to build me a new one - it's nothing super fancy, Wordpress based, but my various editorial, PR and other contacts seem to like it. I had quotes from a few hundred up to a couple of grand, and actually paid well under a grand. For this, I had a great deal of consultation with two designers, and lots of research + options. And it includes a blog, something you might consider - with the right input this can be a valuable marketing tool.

This is by way of a preface to my saying I don't like your home/splash page - sorry! But you wouldn't want less than frank opinions... Some folk will say that rifle shooters won't give a damn about the site design, but as someone else says, first impressions count for a lot. Your site functions very well - fast, easy navigation, good image display/quality - but i think the style of the opening page is a bit old fashioned and clumsy. I wonder who did it for you - ? How much consultation was there? I mean, it's very patriotic to have the Union Flag several times, but I don't see the point. If you can change things, and/or want to, why not talk to your designer about something more graphically compelling in the way of rifle pics on the splash page? Better colour than orange? Different typeface (sharper too) for your company name?

Mind you, your site is more appealing than e.g. http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ (a mess!) and at least as smart as http://rifle-stocks.com/ - and I don't even like McMillan's site http://www.mcmillanusa.com/. Though for an example of a good stock-supplying site look at http://mannersstocks.com/, quite cool.

But I do like your laminate varmint stocks....

Regards, Tony

This is the most important advice I can give you:

Your website will not get ranked by the search engines for a long time, your website will always be at the bottom of the pile when compared to other companies providing the same products! I can guarantee this because the html code is fataly flawed, with the most important sections of code completely missing!!!!

If you want this website to get ranked and to make you money by search engines directing possible clients to your website then I would without a doubt pay me loads of money to fix the non-compliant html code :) :)

No seriously, all the above is true, except the charging you - You need to add the following two lines of html code after the the </script>

<META name="description" content=" in this space here you put a description of your company and what service you provide, this is the text that people see in a search engine result undewrneath the web address, just replace the text I have types with your own, do not remove the quote marks ">

<META name="keywords" content=" in this space here you put all the keywords or phrases that could possibly be used in a search for your particular product,there, needs, to, be, a, comma, between, every, key, word, for, example, laminate stock, laminate rifle stock, hand made rifle stock, rifle stock, custom, custom stock, stock etc,etc,etc, basically every type of phrase that can be used to find a laminated ot solid wood stock on the internet">

With out this very important bit of html the search engine fails to index it properly and then the website gets penalised.

Also go to Google website and ask for your home page to be added to the search engine, Google will then crawl through your site and index all the pages and start to rank them.

Make sure that every single image on the website also has an 'alt name'(alternative name and a description of what the images portrays) applied as search engines also index images, non titled images get penalised.

For key word content have a look at what your competitors are using in their meta tags - to do this just visit a competitors website and then click on the explorer tool bar - view - source code, a pop up box of the html code will open and bobs your uncle, just look for the meta tags and see what key words they are using, if any.

If this doesnt make sense to you just PM me and I will happily talk you through it.

This is the most important advice I can give you:

Your website will not get ranked by the search engines for a long time, your website will always be at the bottom of the pile when compared to other companies providing the same products! I can guarantee this because the html code is fataly flawed, with the most important sections of code completely missing!!!!....................If this doesnt make sense to you just PM me and I will happily talk you through it.

Joe, I'd contact Mark if I were you - he offers good advice. I didn't mention anything earlier about metatags, HTML coding, SEO and so on because I don't really know much about them - it's one of the reasons I paid someone else to build my website rather than attempting to do it myself. One of the advanatges of my Wordpress-based site is that although the DIY HTML options are there, those who don't know HTML or otherwise prefer to avoid it can do so, and still be able fairly easily to incorporate all those metatags (etc) that will be detected by Google and other search engines so that potential clients find your site and it gets lots of traffic.

I asked who had built this site for you, but with what Mark says, I'm wondering if it's a DIY effort or done by a mate down the road...? Yes, there are loads of very attractive options for DIY websites but frankly it can be counter productive: good website designers (my son's just gone to college to learn how to be one) command high fees precisely because there is far more to it than meets the eye. I know it might seem depressing to start all over again but it might repay the effort...

Regards, Tony

The coding can be added no problem and as for seo coding google isnt reliant on it alone now days as they will lost your site in search results by an analytical formula of site visits per search generated against those key words

Archived