Marlin 1895 45/70 for sale

Hi Guys,

not exactly a varmint caliber but I have for sale a Marlin 1895 Cowboy in 45/70 Gov. It has the 26" Octagonal barrel, nine shot tube magazine, a nice American walnut stock and comes w1th the original buckhorn sights and a set of Skinner ghost ring/aperture sights aswell and reloading dies.A Bushnell Elite 1.25-4x24 illuminated scope, mounts and rings are also available with it or seperately.

The gun is a proper Marlin and not a remy clone and shoots 325grn to 450grn bullets equally well at everything from a gentle push with 40grn of Varget to filling loosening loads with reloader 7.I also fitted a Silvers classic butt pad as the previous owner had some God awfull plastic thing on it.

For sale at £950 and including the following;

rifle

skinner sights

48 brass

apprx 200 heads in 3 sizes from 325-450grn

RCBS reloading dies (loaded about 120rnds from new)

Not included

Shipping or RFD fees your end.

Pics will be posted when I get a bit more time or can be emailed to interested parties.

Mike

PS In case you're wondering this was to be a driven boar/deer rifle but circumstances have changed somewhat and driven hairy things are unlikely to be on the cards for quite some time!!

Pics as promised;

SMALLMARLIN.jpg

SMALLJM.jpg

SMALL.jpg

The junior in the gun shop used solvent on a cloth to wipe the oil finish on the woodwork leaving it matt, but I'll polish it up again before it goes anywhere.

SMALLLHS.jpg

SMALLACTIONRHS.jpg

And these are the bad boys it shoots

4570.jpg

Mike

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived