The Contractor Rifle - RTS (Ready To Shoot)

The Contractor Rifle - RTS (Ready To Shoot)

For a while now we have been looking at being able to offer a semi-custom rifle that is Affordable, work a day rifle, for the hard hunting sportsman and the professional on a budget.

Using the excellent Howa 1500 barrel actions as a basis, we shorten the barrels and screw cut and re-crown to target finish, tune the triggers to a crisp two pound pull.

Then bed the actions using marine-tex into the Bell and Carlson medallist stocks.

A tactical bolt knob is added to aid the speed cycling the action when a rapid follow up shot is required.

The rifles have been fully developed to maximise their accuracy, giving you a rugged dependable rifle system thats ready to use in the field or on the range thats not going to break the bank.

photo-11.jpg?t=1346754113

1-5.jpg?t=1346754391

2-1.jpg?t=1346756377

The above target was shot with a five round group in .223 cal using data developed for the Contractor rifle.

The group size was 0.182

Datum load information is provided with each gun to assist the shooter for a variety of bullet weights.

Option for the rifle:-

Calibers:- .223 & .308

Blued Varmint Profile Barrel/Action with Mounts, Bases & Moderator = £1475.00

Blued Varmint Profile Fluted Barrel/Action with Mounts, Bases & Moderator = £1550.00

Stainless Varmint Profile Barrel/Action with Mounts, Bases & Moderator = £1625.00

Stock Options

Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Black Textured.

Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Black/Grey Textured.

Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Green/Black Textured.

Bell & Carlson Medallist stock - Short Action Varmint - Tan/Black Textured.

Packages are also available to include detachable magazines and scopes.

For more information contact:-

Brock & Norris Ltd

Unit G2

Sandford Industrial Park

Sandford

Whitchurch

Shropshire

SY13 2AN

Tel:- 0845 521 2995

Mobile:- 07971 169829

Email:- sales@brockandnorris.co.uk

That is a good old fashioned work horse package and I think that you should really let me have one on test for the forthcoming foxing season.

Not being fussy but the following would suffice:

left handed short action varmint black textured stock with 223 blued varmint profile barrel screwcut m18 x 1 for an OLC S Series moderator.

On top I would like a Vortex viper scope...... oh and I would also like the provision to fit an adjustable recoil pad for the occassions when I fit my NV addon.

Dont think ive forgotten anything...... other than to duck next time I see you Mike. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

On a serious note... a semi custom for the price of a tikka factory......... I commend it to the house

This was what I was after. A locally produced, accurate, rugged, semi custom rifle. It's basically a Howa "build your own" rifle that Mike has "pimped". Well worth the extra money over the factory rifle, for all the extra engineering and to get that level of accuracy. Mike also machined me a muzzle brake and an invisible barrel end cap. When I shoot mine, I know that I am the limiting factor and not the rifle. Which is very reassuring.

Mines in a tan stock with a 308 stainless varmint barrelled action(I think it looks much better than the green ;-) and I love it!

Thanks Brock&Norris (Mike) you are a leg end.

Now, has Rob ordered my mod yet? ;-)

I must add, I didn't buy the mod inclusive package but have subsequently asked B&N to order me a north star. Just in case it appeared as though they fell short in any way.

Can I just ask what moderator do you supply as part of the package and what make of mounts and bases come fitted as standard?

Many thanks

We use either north Stars or OLC mods , and the mountd and bases are EGW picatinny rails and weaver rings or the excellent game reaper monobloc mounts . As we normaly build these up as complete rifle systems we use the mounts most suited to the scope chosen and usage.

In 223 a lot are choosing the excellent value weaver V series with its reticule calibrated to a 55grain bullet in this cartridge. a good solid choice for plinking, target or varmint work. Jelen Deer Services have chosen the 308 variant with the weaver 8x56 scope as their estate rifles and we are completing a number for them at this moment in time.

Ronny has complemented us on the groups that we are able to acheive. There is no secret here. attention to detail when working on the rifles . carefull case preparation and selection of components . The dedicated keeping of data and corralation of the same .....and the most important part of all. adherence to good shooting form and technique.

• 2 weeks later...

We use either north Stars or OLC mods , and the mountd and bases are EGW picatinny rails and weaver rings or the excellent game reaper monobloc mounts . As we normaly build these up as complete rifle systems we use the mounts most suited to the scope chosen and usage.

In 223 a lot are choosing the excellent value weaver V series with its reticule calibrated to a 55grain bullet in this cartridge. a good solid choice for plinking, target or varmint work. Jelen Deer Services have chosen the 308 variant with the weaver 8x56 scope as their estate rifles and we are completing a number for them at this moment in time.

Ronny has complemented us on the groups that we are able to acheive. There is no secret here. attention to detail when working on the rifles . carefull case preparation and selection of components . The dedicated keeping of data and corralation of the same .....and the most important part of all. adherence to good shooting form and technique.

Hi there,

We're now using the Brock & Norris Contractor rifle as our Estate Rifle, but also as one of our front-line choices for park culling. When we need to take head shots in excess of 100m, we know we can depend on the 'Contractor'. It shoots to an amazing standard of accuracy using the rounds developed by Mike at Brock & Norris, and to date it has never deviated from the outstanding performance we have come to expect from rifles out of the Brock & Norris 'stable'.

Thanks for a great product guys, and keep 'em coming!

Regards,

Mike.

(Director - Jelen Deer Services)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived