NV

Shoot em

• 3 weeks later...

hi all anyone want a demo with my 6x day night scope ,its from clive ward,and its the new design aluminium body brilliant glass for day time,better than my schmit 8x56 then turn on nv and turn dial to night mode,tube is xg spec 67 line pairs the unit is russian and from ELECTROOPTIC ltd.it is a great piece of kit slightly better than my dedicated SM32 hypergen unit which i also have.i am in chippenham wilts junc 17 m4 if anyone wants to have a look.all the best,

jason

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great thread yeh...but

:wacko:

bamboozling for a NV virgin!!!!

maybe its the scotsman in me but if imwas parting 4 figures and a good wacl of 4 figures id want uk back up and warranty

so for me would probably be a starlight archer.....but saying that....its the only one ive managed to look thru!!!!

pity cant find anyone in Angus area with all this stuff to get "genned" up!! sorry xcuse the pun!

someday ....ill have summit!!

paul

I have an Archer and a longbow and I have also seen through some US gear including ridiculously expensive thermal gear. I would not like to start with suggesting where to spend your money but I would say that you must beclear what you need it for and how much you need to spend to get what you need.

The thermal gear could spot stuff at 1km!! However it costs £30k!!!!! My longbow can identify foxes out to 500m with decent atmospheric conditions (nothing works in bad ones). Although I accept that we would all like the best gear possible cost restricts us. You have to ask yourself wether you want to know its a fox at 300m or do you want to count the hairs on its arse???

another question to bear in mind is that a lot of "grey" or black market stuff is knock off military. So not only has it got no warranty then I also worry what happens when someone starts looking for their stuff. (or am I just paranoid)

Wish I could say I had an archer " somewhere In the cupboard"!!!!!

You never see em for sale 2nd hand !... Not often anyway

For me .... To be able to identify & shoot Charlie out to 300yds would be more then enough

Paul

Wish I could say I had an archer " somewhere In the cupboard"!!!!!

You never see em for sale 2nd hand !... Not often anyway

For me .... To be able to identify & shoot Charlie out to 300yds would be more then enough

Paul

When i get home in Dec i will be sorting all my NV and prob sell all the Gen 2 also the Archer..so stand by

I must admit I really don't see why people looing at spending over £1500 would ever consider an Archer. Old tubes, often with lots of defects in the FOV too. Yes they are Gen3, and in that respect good, but as many people have said, a good Gen2+ will match its performance, if not being able to match it in terms of light gathering, they will kick the ass out of it in terms of resolution!. (And as civvies, we can add illumination in ourselves with lasers etc).

Not bashing the technology as I have a dedicated NV sight that uses the same EEV Gen3 tube as the Archer, I put it together for about £700 though, and am pleased with the performance for my money. But if I was spending £1500-2k+ I'd certainly be waiting something like an Envis, PVS14 or a dedicated scope with modern tube. Not something sold for that money and marked as "D-Grade" etc.

Just my 2p's worth!

For those after an Archer though, theres a SH one to be found here; http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?628151-Starlight-Archer-for-sale. (nothing to do with me btw!)

Archived