Custom anschutz

6.5shooter

Chris,

The whol rifle measures 43 1/2 inches with my 15 1/2 inch length of pull.

From the chamber face to the stock foreend tip is 13 inches.

I have 10 inches of barrel from the foreend tip to the muzzle.

Hope this helps.

Garry

I also ordered a set of nice allen action bolts to replace the standard anshutz ones but on tightening the first one, crack!

The head split with not much torque applied!

They are crap to say the least so the standard screws went back in.

1483014f.jpg

Was that the JP enterprises bolt? I had exactly the same thing happen with a set of their bolts - although they did replace them FOC :mellow:

YOU are right , a wise shooter once said , you can tell IF a shooter/hunter is serious about his sport by how good a 22lr rifle he has , as it will be used the most , and some one who spends the money on a really good one .

Alot of people have some high centerfire rigs , and nickel and dime the small stuff , that will actually be used the MOST .

I am one of them , but will change that soon , I always had a Brno/cz rimfire rifle , which is good , but not high end , and will shortly get a Annie 54 as my rimfire trainer , and a S200 as my air rifle trainer .

Later Chris

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Bd,

Yes it was JP gun springs bolts! They really are absolute crap!

Bits of the bolt head were just crumbling off!!

Hi, I had the same thing with these bolts when torqueing down my old cz hmr. Less than 20 inch pounds off pings the bolt head, and when you look at them you can see why. The allen key hole is too big imho and takes all the material strength from the screw. Eventually I got hold of a set of DIP torqx head screws from kinneys shooting supplies. But DIP don't seem to produce stock bolts for Annies or Sako's :(

I know but I wanted something different and I dont plan on selling it anytime soon.

Fair play to you Garry. I would have no qualms paying that sort of money for a good 22lr. If I was asked to only keep one gun the 22lr would be it. I paid nearly 2 grand for mine with the scope and moderator and would do it again in a heartbeat. I use a walther gsp carbine rifle which is a pistol conversion and love it to bits.

Fair play to you Garry. I would have no qualms paying that sort of money for a good 22lr. If I was asked to only keep one gun the 22lr would be it. I paid nearly 2 grand for mine with the scope and moderator and would do it again in a heartbeat. I use a walther gsp carbine rifle which is a pistol conversion and love it to bits.

I would still do it all again Sean,

I would say its my most used rifle.

I am considering selling my custom semi auto to build another custom bolt action, possibly a fully moderated version, still in the thinking process at this stage as to what I want.

At first I nearly choked at the thought of £2500 on a .22lr!

Now I haven't gone that far myself but last night while ammo testing a really nice original Finnfire Varmint I was thinking to myself this rifle really does deserve a nice bit of glass compared to the cheap stuff Ive usually had on .22s, as such I think Im going to invest in something like a new Sightron or used Nightforce.

The reason, as stated here already is I use my .22lr more than any other rifle.

I think its an ok scope.

It seems to track ok on this rifle up to 250 yards is the most I have shot it to.

I would put it ahead of the likes of an mtc or hawke etc, clarity is better but its still no sightron or nightforce.

Perfect for my job I think.

At first I nearly choked at the thought of £2500 on a .22lr!

Now I haven't gone that far myself but last night while ammo testing a really nice original Finnfire Varmint I was thinking to myself this rifle really does deserve a nice bit of glass compared to the cheap stuff Ive usually had on .22s, as such I think Im going to invest in something like a new Sightron or used Nightforce.

The reason, as stated here already is I use my .22lr more than any other rifle.

If you can pick up a weihrauch hw66 jagdmatch they are unbelievably accurate with the nicest 2 stage trigger of any factory rifle I have ever shot.

I think its an ok scope.

It seems to track ok on this rifle up to 250 yards is the most I have shot it to.

I would put it ahead of the likes of an mtc or hawke etc, clarity is better but its still no sightron or nightforce.

Perfect for my job I think.

Thanks for that.

If you can pick up a weihrauch hw66 jagdmatch they are unbelievably accurate with the nicest 2 stage trigger of any factory rifle I have ever shot.

Thanks for that Murph.

I have tried the trigger and it is indeed superb. I am however struggling to get my head around the term unbelievably accurate in the context of the other top quality makes out there from the likes of Sako and Anshutz. If I though that a Jagd Match was significantly better than the others I would buy one in a heartbeat but Im not confident that would be the case.

Of course I would be happy to be proven wrong :)

Thanks for that Murph.

I have tried the trigger and it is indeed superb. I am however struggling to get my head around the term unbelievably accurate in the context of the other top quality makes out there from the likes of Sako and Anshutz. If I though that a Jagd Match was significantly better than the others I would buy one in a heartbeat but Im not confident that would be the case.

Of course I would be happy to be proven wrong :)[/quote

The best group I got out of the rifle was 3/4 inch group for 5 shots using Winchester subs. For a rifle costing 600 pounds I found the accuracy to be very good. I never tried match ammo through it at all as I shoot a lot of rabbits. I still wonder what it could have been capable of with match ammo.

Archived