March Scopes

Huck

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents,

a 56mm version of the 2.5x25x42 is "rumoured" to be launched early next year, I am sure the preview model will be on display at the shot show 2013, so for those who specify that a 56mm lens is a must for lowlight shooting it's coming! i will supply more details as soon as available.

Also we do have a brand new website launching soon, (by the end of the month) lots of hi res images of the full product range and other cool stuff (shameless plug I know)

Kind regards

Gary

(March Scopes UK)

Gents,

a 56mm version of the 2.5x25x42 is "rumoured" to be launched early next year, I am sure the preview model will be on display at the shot show 2013, so for those who specify that a 56mm lens is a must for lowlight shooting it's coming! i will supply more details as soon as available.

Also we do have a brand new website launching soon, (by the end of the month) lots of hi res images of the full product range and other cool stuff (shameless plug I know)

Kind regards

Gary

(March Scopes UK)

Fantastic news Gary, I will certainly be buying one for myself.

I would be extremely surprised if the 56mm version is not lighter that the 3-12x50 S&B, we already have a 52mm scope in various guises.

From memory the 2.5.25 is around 550grams so I would estimate approx 650 at a push.

Hi Gary,

was out stalking last Saturday and took the 6.5x47 with it's new PSE Ultralight stock and the 2.5-25x42 along instead of the .270. By turning down the mag to 8x I was able to make out deer at 300yds against a mixed background for as long as my brother could see them through his Z6 2-12x50! So much for my low light performance worries, mind you I did need the reticle illuminated to see where the aim point was, but then mine is the MTR2 which is the finest ret as well. Unfortunately it was Hinds and calves so no shot.

Untitled.jpg

Great Scope!

Hi Gary,

was out stalking last Saturday and took the 6.5x47 with it's new PSE Ultralight stock and the 2.5-25x42 along instead of the .270. By turning down the mag to 8x I was able to make out deer at 300yds against a mixed background for as long as my brother could see them through his Z6 2-12x50! So much for my low light performance worries, mind you I did need the reticle illuminated to see where the aim point was, but then mine is the MTR2 which is the finest ret as well. Unfortunately it was Hinds and calves so no shot.

Untitled.jpg

Great Scope!

Hi Gary,

Untitled.jpg

Great Scope!

Nice set-up too!

Thanks BD, I had an HS on it previously and the outfit weighed 10.5lbs, too heavy to lug about all day for 1 shot, but the PSE has transformed it to a very portable 9lbs all up. The

thirdeyetactical mod is good but I recently handled one of the Hardy mods and in the fullness of time it will replace the thirdeye based on weight alone. I would keep the thirdeye

for range use as it doesn't seem to overheat as quick as a lot of the mods I've had or transfer the heat to the barrel.

Mike

Thanks BD, I had an HS on it previously and the outfit weighed 10.5lbs, too heavy to lug about all day for 1 shot, but the PSE has transformed it to a very portable 9lbs all up. The

thirdeyetactical mod is good but I recently handled one of the Hardy mods and in the fullness of time it will replace the thirdeye based on weight alone. I would keep the thirdeye

for range use as it doesn't seem to overheat as quick as a lot of the mods I've had or transfer the heat to the barrel.

Mike

Hi Gun Nut

Would you mind giving some details of the rifle - barrel length - action - magazine etc,

Thanks

No problem Moose.

Stiller Predator action.

Lothar Walther magnum sporter finished at 24". 1/8twist 6.5x47 Lapua

Remy Stainless BDL bottom metal and internals.

Standard MK2 Remy trigger set to 2lb.(had Timney in and didn't like it so went back to OE remy trigger)

Steel 2 piece Warne picatinny bases.(lower and lighter than a rail)

Burris Signature Z rings.(light, don't mark scope and don't shift once fitted correctly)

PSE Ultralite hunter stock with Kaiser grip(715 grams) and sling swivel fitted right at the end, hangs better over your shoulder.From Edi

March 2.5-25x42 Tactical Scope.From Gary Costello

Thirdeyetactical Spartan mod from Craig

At the minute I'm shooting Nosler BT'S 120grn and Hornady 95vmax, but I'm trying to get some 120Amax's as the Noslers don't group as tight as the VMAX's.

Although I tried vit 140 today and it is looking better than the RL17 I was using for the 120's,still a work in progress in search of consistent .2 groups!!

Mike

No problem Moose.

Stiller Predator action.

Lothar Walther magnum sporter finished at 24". 1/8twist 6.5x47 Lapua

Remy Stainless BDL bottom metal and internals.

Standard MK2 Remy trigger set to 2lb.(had Timney in and didn't like it so went back to OE remy trigger)

Steel 2 piece Warne picatinny bases.(lower and lighter than a rail)

Burris Signature Z rings.(light, don't mark scope and don't shift once fitted correctly)

PSE Ultralite hunter stock with Kaiser grip(715 grams) and sling swivel fitted right at the end, hangs better over your shoulder.From Edi

March 2.5-25x42 Tactical Scope.From Gary Costello

Thirdeyetactical Spartan mod from Craig

At the minute I'm shooting Nosler BT'S 120grn and Hornady 95vmax, but I'm trying to get some 120Amax's as the Noslers don't group as tight as the VMAX's.

Although I tried vit 140 today and it is looking better than the RL17 I was using for the 120's,still a work in progress in search of consistent .2 groups!!

Mike

Hi Gun Nut,

Thanks for the reply - lovely rifle

Try RL 15 and some 100gr bergers

Looking for a Deer round Danpd,hence the 120grn bullet.The 95Vmax shoot.25" with RL 15 but it's very dirty and the vit 140 burns a lot cleaner in my experience. I'll be changing the 95's to it as well when the RL 15 runs out.

Thanks anyway,

Mike

• 2 months later...

I know the discussion has largely moved onto tactical / sporting shooting, but considering F-Class for a mo, I'm assuming Vince B (Gun Pimp) will include equipment and ammunition tables for the top 10 aggregate scores for both Open and F/TR in last month's European Championship meeting at Bisley in the major report that'll be in December's Target Shooter online magazine. (Due out on the 3rd, Monday it says on the website home page.) It'll be interesting to compare this year against last in scope choice.

My gut feeling is there will be a big increase in March users, especially in F/TR where 2012 has seen a lot of purchases - the weight reduction over a Nightforce is significant and valuable.

When wandering up and down the firing line behind the Open and mixed Open+F/TR details taking photographs, I'm always struck by the high percentage of European visitors who use S&Bs, while they're a relative rarity amongst the home shooters even in Open, virtually non-existent in F/TR. Either they're very much cheaper over there than here, or more likely S&B has retained its reputation as the THE top grade scope even for target shooting and competitors have so far failed to make inroads. When I compare 'visitor' v 'home', I should note that Republic of Ireland conforms to the British mainland rather than those from across the North Sea or English Channel.

any stockists near leicester?it would take a lot to make me give up my swaro z6i but i'm up for looking at one . :huh:

Don't know about that, but the UK importer Gary Costello had a stand at this year's British Shooting & Countrymans Show with a good range of his scopes set up on a stand for people to look through. The 2013 show - 9th + 10th February - has moved to Stoneleigh Park which isn't too far away from Leicester.

2013 Brit Shtg & Country Show

There should be lots of others optics providers there as well of course. John Dean's Aimfield Sports had a big selection of Sightron scopes and binos at the 2012 show and nearly sold his stock out, so I'd expect him to be back.

Don't know about that, but the UK importer Gary Costello had a stand at this year's British Shooting & Countrymans Show with a good range of his scopes set up on a stand for people to look through. The 2013 show - 9th + 10th February - has moved to Stoneleigh Park which isn't too far away from Leicester.

2013 Brit Shtg & Country Show

There should be lots of others optics providers there as well of course. John Dean's Aimfield Sports had a big selection of Sightron scopes and binos at the 2012 show and nearly sold his stock out, so I'd expect him to be back.

thanks i spotted they were at the show,i think its a date.i love my swaro but that kind of mag there offering is great.

Archived