joels laminate stocks

Had the pleasure to work on a few Russo stocks recently, one chap hasn't yet seen the finished product in the flesh so I shall refrain from showing pics of it, hwoever here is a F Class build using a blue, red, laminate with thumbhole and ajustable cheek piece.

Flat bottom so it rides the bags very well and fits like a glove when ajusted.

Finished in tru oil.

Barnard P action if you are interested, krieger, chambered in 7mm/300 WSM

_ASC0038.jpg

_ASC0036.jpg

_ASC0037.jpg

Like most aftermarket stocks, they require a certain amount of "fitting", but the end result is very pleasant.

That looks a very solid set up, , what would that rifle weigh all up?

A

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice Ronin.

I often wonder what happens to the stocks when I ship them out. I see these two have been in good hands.. The F-Class stock was a bit tricky, as I never installed a thumbwheel adjustable cheek piece in that design of stock. What made it even more trickier, was that I had to cut it way back to leave room for the long Barnard bolt. Looks like you did a fine job where I left off.

The A-5L, Ian's stock, is actually the second stock that I made for him. I made the first one, installed the thumbwheel cheek piece, and the 3 way adjustable LOP system. Then I sent him a picture of the stock before boxing it up and sending it out. He said nice stock, but the wrong color :o ....I quickly made him the right color..

I read a post earlier in this thread about not much on my website. I have not had the time to update it with recent pictures. I have over 100 different stocks styles, and make them in Laminate, and highly figured Hardwood to include Exotics.

If you are interested in seeing the different patterns, please send me an e-mail and I'll respond with the specific style stocks you are interested in.

Thanks All, and good shooting..

Alycidon

the rifle weighed just under 21lbs with scope, I inletted and fitted two mecury recoil reducers in the forend, which upped the weight a bit (probably added 2lbs ) - the owner wanted the benefits of 7mm WSM without the bruising :lol:

They do work, its a pussycat to shoot and barrel break in is producing sub 1/2 MOA before load dev...

Joel

Hi, good to se you on here, thanks for the comments.

Apart from minor work to the rear of both action inlets - where the grip meets the tang areas, both were good to work with.

I opened up both barrel channels on my mill to accommodate a larger diameter tube, that took a bit of setting up and a few twitchy moments as its easier to take the wood away than replace :o , but both worked out just fine in the end.

I think the owner of the thumbhole was / is going to contact you with his own photo's as I know we had a bit of debate over the inlet working with the thumbwheel - it really is just right - thanks for spending the extra time on it - the results are worthwhile - he is a happy boy.

They were my last two that ive had on the shelf for a couple of years.

Don't know of an alternate source now the shipping policy has changed, sorry mate.

Joel, I haven't forgot the photo's of the stock for your portfolio. The rifle is away being Duracoated at the moment, as soon as it's back in my hands I will email you some pictures.

Ian, hope you will share with us too??? :o:lol:

Looking forward to viewing, they certainly look the part, and sounds like Joel's customer service is right up there, where it should be.

Andy, where did you get the mercury recoil reducers ? the last time i tried Brownells, they wouldn,t ship them.

You may want to try C&H Research direct. I just had them make me a custom set of reducers that were 7" long x 7/8" in diameter. Great guy to deal with.

Ian,

Can't wait to see the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more photo's of one of Joel's stocks finished.

Joel, I will take a few more photos and then email the best four or five.

I must say a big thank you to Andy for finishing off the inlet/bedding and bringing the best out of the stock, as always he has done a superb job.

Also not forgetting James Clark who Duracoated the metal work. I gave James an open license on this one, with just two stipulations. The first being if it came back sky blue with pink dots then I would never speak to him again, and the second it must be a single base colour, that is to say I didn't want silver with black speckles.

James has a fantastic eye for this kind of work and has picked out the lighter colour of the stock with uncanny accuracy, the final colour is Titanium/gold, as ever the photo's do not do justification to the colours of either the barrel/action and stock.

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

A few more photo's of one of Joel's stocks finished.

Joel, I will take a few more photos and then email the best four or five.

I must say a big thank you to Andy for finishing off the inlet/bedding and bringing the best out of the stock, as always he has done a superb job.

Also not forgetting James Clark who Duracoated the metal work. I gave James an open license on this one, with just two stipulations. The first being if it came back sky blue with pink dots then I would never speak to him again, and the second it must be a single base colour, that is to say I didn't want silver with black speckles.

James has a fantastic eye for this kind of work and has picked out the lighter colour of the stock with uncanny accuracy, the final colour is Titanium/gold, as ever the photo's do not do justification to the colours of either the barrel/action and stock.

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

now thats one pretty gun

Glad you like it Ian, spent some time on the tang area which caused more than a few "clenching" moments when I took it to the same angle as the action - get it wrong,,,,,,,, :D:lol:

does it shoot :lol:

does it shoot :D

I hope to find out on Monday, and then on Tuesday it's up to Neils to be measured for fitting with a 2 3/4 inch wide alloy for-end shoe and perhaps even something to help it ride a rear bag as well :lol:

I hope it's all completed by October :lol:

Archived