300 WSM Varminter

CNC Dan ?

How do you rate the Tannel reamer holder ? I,ve fancied one for a while.

Yes its a Haas TL1, not everyones cup of tea, but for certain jobs i love it!

Gre-Tan holder is great, but only if you can get your tailstock dead nuts aligned, radially and axially. I have found it reliable, and simple to use, also as you can see from the chamber run-out they certainly work as described!

Guest richness

This is we normal people pay gunsmiths to do the geeky stuff - marvellous to see the care that goes into making our guns shoot straight thanks :)

People dont realise Dan, that it can easily run away with a full day.

Every stock you come across is rarely true, datum lines are never constant, and its a , measure, remeasure, then recheck kinda job aint it ?

Personally, i,d rather stick pins in my eyes. I bloody hate blanks.

People dont realise Dan, that it can easily run away with a full day.

Every stock you come across is rarely true, datum lines are never constant, and its a , measure, remeasure, then recheck kinda job aint it ?

Personally, i,d rather stick pins in my eyes. I bloody hate blanks.

Dave,

Its probably my least favourite aspect, Bedding a close second!

My hat goes off to the traditional stock makers who smoke in the action, fitting and refitting the metalwork hundreds of times.

the only nice thing about this Mcmillan is that its fairly square, with no bottom metal. so not too much pissing about with the vice etc.

Soon i'll have a CNC mill to inlet from blanks, but at the mo its just the old fashioned way.

Inletting a blank has t be the job I least look forwards to.

Doesnt help as my mil isnt the most user freindly machine...

Bedding , I find relaxing...yes really!

• 1 month later...

Slacked considerably on posting pics, I knew it couldn't last!

7710940378_8909b37140.jpg

Rifle was delivered to customer last week, first load tried was 72gr of N550 with a 125BT seated into the lands. Rifle shot consistently in the .2s at 3750FPS, load development over!

I was also sent some pictures of head shot fallow deer from a park cull this morning. To say the results are disturbing is an understatement, anyone wishing to see these can email me.

Archived