300 WSM Varminter

I have been meaning to take a few pictures whilst i'm doing some work, and finally got around to it this time!

Rifle specs as follows,

300 WSM "Varminter"

.337 Neck Zero Freebore Reamer

32" Border 1 in 16 twist T1 Contour

Stiller Diamondback Action

Jewell Trigger

Mcmillan F class Stock

Customer wanted something "Silly" so this should fit the bill,According to the blurb should be lobbing a 125 Nosler BT at between 3700-3800 Fps.

Will Post a few pics of the chambering process, and hopefully will update as it progresses through bedding etc (If i remember to keep the camera on me!)

1.First up throat dialled in and tenon cut to diameter.

7424570072_bdc364248a_z.jpg

hi glad to see im not on my own looking for something different i have a .300 winmag and looking to get a 1-15 twist for the 110 to 155 grain looking forward to this build

Very nice Dan. How did you clock up the barrel to start with and is that an independant three jaw?

Hi,

I'm playing around with setups at the moment.

its a 3 jaw Set-Tru.

muzzle is held in 5c collet fixture in spindle bore.

actual throat location dialled in with long stem Interapid indicator to .0001-.0002.

Do you find the set tru 'fights' with the collet in the spindle bore or is it all easy to align?

Collet fixture is cushioned with o-rings, so there is some play. But no i don't find there is an issue with good quality barrel blanks. The upshot of all this is very good setup rigidity, leading to excellent surface finishes.

Archived