tikka fatboy........

well the fat boy is getting there,trust me to pick up a rifle just in time for the worst weather leicester has ever seen , hailstones and tornados.got out this morning and for half an hour last night.bear in mind i'm not an experienced reloader ,it took 150 shots to get my first pet load which to be honest was one of the very first tests i did.i tried varget and n140 both produced good groups in different powder weights but vit showed sub .50" from 21 grains through to 24+ grains. i have settled on 75 amax, 24 grn of vit ,cci 450 primers as recommended by dave,nosler brass seated 10 tho of the lands.the last 2 groups were .35 and .42 and that was me holding the rifle back as the only place i can shoot is a grass field that is quite high.i have to have the harris maxed at 13" and my gun bag on top of a jumper for a rear rest.the .42 this morning was the best i could muster in the wind , and i'm sure on a better rest and a still day it will yield .25 or less.even though its early days its on a five pence at 100 yds five shots and thats good enough to get some ballistic info and do some hunting.another big thanks to dave at valkyrie and when i get some decent weather and some more land opens up i'll post pics of what this rifle is really capable of.

mike

well the fat boy is getting there,trust me to pick up a rifle just in time for the worst weather leicester has ever seen.

mike

Tell me about it. last thursday we lost 8 windows, 2 velux windows in the loft, half the roof and all the ceilings and floors. Nice rifle by the way Dave has made a cracking job of it.

regards,

Daz

Hi Mike,

Very nice looking rifle and some impressive groups by the sound of things, Nick has persuaded himself that he needed to owm the 6br we were looking at the other week, he is just waiting for his variation to to come through before he can have a play.

ATB

Neil

hi daz, yep it did the windscreen on my van and there is hardly a car not beaton by hail.i'm supposed to be out shooting all weekend but it looks like a wet one.

neil, yep its coming along nicely,lucky nick getting a nice new toy .how long for a variation in derby? its 6 to 8 weeks in leicester.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived