tikka fatboy........

:D

This is quite a heavy barrelled tikka.

IMG_1221_crop.jpg

The brief was to build a tactical tikka in .223 with a heavy parallel barrel at 20"

It started life as a new sporter weight T3 lite, and I did bad things to it.... :D

Barrel is a border Archer parallel, at 20" and screwcut 18mm x 1 and an invisible thread cap.

IMG_1227_crop.jpg

This allows the ASE jet-Z to be used.

IMG_1228_crop.jpg

Action has one of the Australian bolt knob conversions and alloy shroud fitted.

The stock is a Robertson tactical that i have resprayed from the black granite original finish, to a copy of a McMillan marbled OD green and black. There,s a moral in there somewhere :D IE buy the best stock in the first place, a mcmillan. The quality of Robertsons in my opinion, is not as good.The stock/action was pillar and devcon bedded too.

Flush cups were added to the stock with a liberal helping of stainless devcon, and it was also fitted with a bottom metal conversion, and one of my AICS converted magazines for .223.

IMG_1222_crop.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224_crop.jpg

IMG_1225_crop.jpg

Then the entire barrelled action, bolt and shroud was painted in Armour Black Ceracoat " H "

If i,m honest, i did not want to give this one back, i absolutely loved it.

Oh baby!!! That's awesome! That's pretty much what I want to do with my tikka! Dave the aics mag is that a converted 308 mag? If so why use that as opposed to the 223 specific ones?

The .223 plastic ones are too fat to enter the tikka,s magazine slot in the action Danny. Some people shave down the feed lips on a plastic mag, but its not satisfactory in my opinion. This converted magazine holds 15 or 16 rounds.

Will your converted mags fit any after Market bottom metal or just yours? I think I'm going to get one of the A5 clone stocks from joewest and pretty much duplicate what you've done there Dave.

Will your converted mags fit any after Market bottom metal or just yours? I think I'm going to get one of the A5 clone stocks from joewest and pretty much duplicate what you've done there Dave.

They will fit any quality DBM that accepts AICS mags . Beware of the sheeite sold on ebay. I had a customer bring one in to be fitted. The holes were out, and some of the angles were wrong. Plus it had an aluminium lever.....utter junk....i refused to fit it.

Very, very nice rifle there Dave.........again. If you do that to Danny's rifle he better watch out next time we're foxing, I may walk off with it!! :lol:

Archived