fox silhoutte targets?

I got caught out on friday evening last week, I only had the bipod and there was a fox sitting about 180yards out but the grass was so long when I lay down I couldnt even see above the grass, I lined up for a knelling shot and even though I could have probably took it ok I let it go for another day as I hate too miss and educate a fox so its time to break out the shooting sticks to get over the grass, its seems like the grass has just came up out of now where this year, anyway to get to my point I seen these target

and wondered if there is anywhere that sells a fox shaped equilvelent to this, it would be great for practice of the sticks at long range as I have a feeling this year I am goin to be taking a lot of longer range shots.

Sportsman do them in Gunmart(paper Fox Target), only a couple of quid, just use it as a template and cut out the shape in hardboard/plywood, and you have your fox target. I bought a Roe deer one and cut several other targets out of stiff cardbaord.

Or look here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=170111043392

dscf0013sg3.jpg these are target templates i made for a bit of practice at foxe's not the best targets in the world but give an idea what size the fox is at diferent ranges

those ply targets look spot on, I never thought of that, ill have to get the jigsaw out at the weekend and some ply, maybe ill make some crows and magpies too, set them out at 300 yards and see how I get on, anything to make taget shooting a bit more exciting.

These two are made from the ones that are sold in the ebay link, the black is just a cut out and painted black which I use for night vision as black really stands out at night. The other one is just glued to a thick piece of cardboard. The eyes are shining because I used some reflective material making it more realistic while using them after dark.

You can get some small circular stickers to cover bullet holes making it easier to see your shot placement and giving the target longer life.

NVfox.jpg

Ian

Archived