last super

pnse

out last night for a spot of bunny bashing,set up with the 17 ackley hornet about 200 yards from a bank with lots of burrows in it,shot 2 or 3 when a dog fox came out of a wood and started to eat one of the rabbits,a 20grn vmax behind his ear curbed his appatite.17%20ackley%20hornet%20012.jpg

Yes nice one, I wasonce clearing a golf course of the small furry ones shot three one after the other, went to pick up the two together and turned round and the one behind me was being picked up by a vixen. I jumped in the Disco and unpacked the 222 slipped a round in and she was still tucking in, a quick one off the bonnet soon sent her off to sleep!

Redfox.

PNSE i bought a CZ527 action(yanks seem to love these for 17AH) i have a Lilja barrel which will be between a #2/3 profile and 20" stock is an Boyds/CZ laminate direct from usa as i could not get one here.The rifle has been built short and light as i have plenty of heavy rifles,i intend to use it for lamping rabbits from the truck,and hares in forestry.I also bought one of the new CZ 527 triggers from Baldie at SYSS as these are supposed to be excellent.I am going to test one of Cols lightweight rimmy models on it to see if i can blow it up :o

tThat round either makes a real mess of them or that wfox was a messy eater. You are lucky of all the rabbits I've shot I have never seen a fox anywhere near them. I once had a crow that was picking away at the guts from an exploding bunny, and as he bent down I shot the top of his head off, the old fashioned way, you know up his jacksi through the body and out of his head. :o

Well done.

John

Last summer I was shooting rabbits on a cricket pitch next to a small village using moderated rimmy and moderated centerfire for the longer ones. I finished and cleared up as it was almost dark, I was just leaving the car park when I saw charlie start licking up bit of splattered bunny, by the time I had unpacked teh centerfire he had gone. Despite baiting the area with cat food for the next week or two and shooting more rabbits there I never saw it again.

A

Archived