Alternatives to sand for rear bags?

As an alternative that is water and rot proof.

Has anybody tried plastic BBs? as in bb guns.

Not sure how much they are as I have never bought any but it seemed like an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to a pet store and check out what fine gravel they have . I have in the past used Hartz bird gravel in a small carboard box - a fine consistant gravel but it seems that product has changed now . I mix in a little fine white sandblasting sand -20% aproximately before I fill my bags . This mix is quite heavy but very stable to shoot from bags filled with this . I have used a B-Square rest with Protektor bags to shoot Benchrest matches with no problem.

Experiment with the fill level-just don't fill the bags with as much sand as they can hold- i.e. rock solid.

http://www.hartz.com/Our%20Products/browse...&ActionID=2

Glenn

I got bored one day and decided to fill my bunny bag with expanding foam (out the tin). Worked a treat if a little to hard.

Adam.

If you pay the mail from Ireland I could send you some.

Otherwise look for a plastic injection moulding company.

How much do you need?

Big differences in the plastic granules, some are round and

slippery and will flow und pressure, others are squarisch and

have sharp edges. Flow less.

edi

Anyone got any alternatives to sand for filling bags that are easy to get hold of? I have a couple of rear bags I want to try but I hate using sand as it always escapes out the seams no matter what type i use.

Beads that are used by bead /sand blasting companies, waterproof and biologically stable, you won't get treehuggers trying to make meals of your rests either. :o

Think so edi I only want it to fill a brick sized rear bag. What do you think Edi/fellas is a couple o' kilo enough for that?

OA, in your terms 2kg would be a little less than a UK gallon in volume. Should be plenty.

Don't know how big your bricks are.

Are those the ones one uses to castrate? ;)

edi

Archived