Valkyrie F class action.

The prototype came today. :)

This one has a pinned lug, but the finished article will be integral, i just wanted to get one up and running.

IMG_1162_crop.jpg

Basically, this is a rem long action footprint, but the action is 2 mil bigger in diameter, and has a .750 diameter bolt. It is available in all configurations, with or without ejector etc, and is of course, more than capable for the .338 lapua magnum cartridge, as everything is beefed up. This also should make it very suitable for the big 7mm,s.

I opted for a right bolt, left port on my own.

IMG_1166.jpg

Hopefully you can just make out the scalloped underside, which has a wide, flat area for bedding into, which will largely eliminate torque to the action screws.

It accepts remington clone triggers on the standard 2 pin set up, mine will have a jewell.

Tolerances are tight, bolt wise, and it is available with all the different bolt shrouds and fluting options.

IMG_1167.jpg

I specified a reasonable sized port, with rounded ends for live round ease of extraction, but the port can be smaller if required.

Looks good Dave, but can you get it with a less tactical looking bolt handle?

Hopefully we will get to see it in action at Diggle sometime?

Cheers

Dave

Too pretty to Duracoat?!!!

Looks good Dave, but can you get it with a less tactical looking bolt handle?

Hopefully we will get to see it in action at Diggle sometime?

Cheers

Dave

Yep, there are currently at least 5 options on bolt knobs Dave, badger style, teardrops, knurled, tactical etc. I simply had this one as i personally like it.

The permutations are virtually all available. People just have to ask.

This will be barrelled with a parallel Krieger i have, and into a McMillan F class stock very shortly. It will then get some welly,certainly at Diggle, on the practise days, as i have only a limited experience in F class, and a test for the mags at some point.

Action looks good Dave, pretty much as I envisaged it would.

Pinned lug on yours, but does it need any recoul lug?, the scalloped base, should (IMHO) provide sufficient area to stop any rearwards movement.

I like the options for port orientation and bolt knob - personally the one you have fitted to this looks right to me.

Larger bolt diameter - one bolt do all for all cartridge base widths - good idea.

I think given the rise in popularity of F Class, you may well be on to a winner.

I would think twice on a parallel profile barrel though on your own rifle (not because I dont think the action can handle it), but I know several people have had issues getting the accuracy through straight profile barrels, and when altered to a taper profile, the accuracy came.

Glad to see this break cover. I hope it is successful as your std. action.

Great to see home grown talent doing well and keeping busy. Any thoughts about expanding?

Archived