Custom made moderators from "One less Charlie"

You guys may remember Colin asking for field testers for his mods a while back.

Colin called in for a natter and a cuppa one day whilst on his travels, and we specced a mod for my AR.

Its a stainless steel model, i think it has 8 baffles, and a front blast baflle, all made from stainless, and beautifully machined, and welded.....absolute top drawer worksmanship.

Its about the same weight and size as a Jet-Z, and is muzzle mounted [in this instance ]with a 5/8" x 18 UNF thread for my rifle.

Took it to the range and fired a few rounds with the mod off, then we put it on.

To say i was astounded would be an understatement. This is probarbly the quietest mod i,ve ever heard.Its at quiet as a Jet-z to my ears, but even duller.

I already have an order for you Colin, from a chap with an AUG.

It also made my AR more accurate. This gun will normally hold 1/2" every time, with some better, as is normal. It was consistently returning .2 groups, and thats 5 shot groups, not 3, with the mod on. The gun obviously likes it on too !

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Its gonna get blacked, then become a permanent fixture.

What a piece of kit.

I am liking the look of this mod.

Any pricing yet and will a .20 cal specific one be available?

How does it compare the MAE mods?

Hi

These mods are aimed (forgive the pun) to compete with anything on the market for performance however should out spec them in both build materials and the ability to be customised.

As such a top spec unit will be approx £320 and a level entry unit approx £200 but it really depends on what the individual wants.

As for a specific .20 cal model.....no problem.

atb

Colin

Colin called in for a natter and a cuppa one day whilst on his travels, and we specced a mod for my AR.

Its a stainless steel model, i think it has 8 baffles, and a front blast baflle, all made from stainless, and beautifully machined, and welded.....absolute top drawer worksmanship.

Its about the same weight and size as a Jet-Z, and is muzzle mounted [in this instance ]with a 5/8" x 18 UNF thread for my rifle.

Took it to the range and fired a few rounds with the mod off, then we put it on.

To say i was astounded would be an understatement. This is probarbly the quietest mod i,ve ever heard.Its at quiet as a Jet-z to my ears, but even duller.

It also made my AR more accurate. This gun will normally hold 1/2" every time, with some better, as is normal. It was consistently returning .2 groups, and thats 5 shot groups, not 3, with the mod on. The gun obviously likes it on too !

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

What a piece of kit.

I run a couple of Mods from Colin ( onelesscharlie ) on my .243 .223 .17HMR, as he is a personal friend he has asked me to test these and others from time to time. I can say that they perform brilliantly and the quality is top draw. Mike Powell from Sporting Rifle tested one in last years mag and also gave it good reviews. I have eneded up getting rid of my Wildcat mods and buying them from colin for my range of rifles. I am happy with them and they have had some serious use, only gripe is he didnt give me mates rates when bought them !!! no complaining realy ! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

Hi

These mods are aimed (forgive the pun) to compete with anything on the market for performance however should out spec them in both build materials and the ability to be customised.

As such a top spec unit will be approx £320 and a level entry unit approx £200 but it really depends on what the individual wants.

As for a specific .20 cal model.....no problem.

atb

Colin

PM SENT ATB LEE

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

What a piece of kit.

I saw this mod being tested and the reduction in noise is outstanding with a build quality to match .

Aggy

I gave Colin a call yesterday about these moderators, and as I was working in his area, he kindly invited me over to the machine shop to see the mods in various stages of manufacture. All I can say is that I am very impressed with the build quality of them and the attention to detail that goes in to the manufacture. Each one is hand made and custom made to customers requirements. I will definitely be ordering one soon to mount on my 6mmBR.

Thanks again Colin

Cheers,

Jinks.

Sounds promising.

What are the dimensions and weight?

Will they work with a .300 win Mag?

Regards,

Christian

Hi Christian

Muzzle mounting all stainless can for a .300 win mag would be approx 560g, 45mm dia and 146mm long, however depends if you want to bias toward light or quiet. Either way if you want further details just get in touch, there should be an advert on here early next week with a link direct to my site.

best regards

Colin

Guest richness

Colin, can you give me a buzz sometime next week, i want to go ahead with a giant mod for the 338. :D

I was thinking that if i got a 338 i'd want a monster mod on it; i saw a video of a chap with one and the recoil was no problem at all. For me, it'll just make it easier to shoot while running ;)

PS these mods look very classy - good luck to you Colin

Thank you very much, hope to see an OLC mod on your 338 one day and Dave I am in your neck of the woods next week so hope to call in for a brew.

regards

Colin

Hello I'm looking for a mod for a Rem LTR .223, was going to buy a ASE CQBS then stumbled on this page.

Are your mods a similar size? How quickly could I get one? And also how much? Warranty?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

P.S. What would the size and weight be?

• 1 month later...

Recieved a very large package from Colin T'other day..... :lol:

Between us we had come up with a design for my 338. I suspect Colin thought i was mad, its such a big one...fnaar fnaar.... :lol:

However having had said beastie out on test today, he will see i was was right...

IMG_1231_crop.jpg

IMG_1230_crop.jpg

IMG_1229_crop.jpg

This is a MUZZLE mounted silencer, on my .338.

I love that anticipation of the first round down a new untested mod, you just dont know what to expect. There was quite a crowd watching too at Mattersey, and to a man, they were astounded.

This baby sounds like a silenced 243...i kid you not.

It also now recoils like a .308.....without the stab.

I,ve never witnessed such a HUGE reduction in muzzle blast, or recoil from a moderator....from any manufacturer.

Colin, you need to be contacting the people we spoke of the other day.....urgently.

I also have video of the shots on my phone, next time you are in.