Show your varmint/target rifle

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok seen my new action today - looks lush lol . But i cant post pics my laptop is in need of some er help . BUT if a Very Nice fellow member on here know how to post pics ill send them to you mobile phone ? PM me your number and ill send over pics , anyone ?

lovely rifle left hooker did u get it built in ireland ?? love the mc gyver back bag

Thanks lad. Yeah it was built by Dominic Byrne of Dom's Custom Rifles here in Wexford, he produces some of the best rifles in the country. The barrelled action was sent to EDI Graef of PSE Composites for the stock to be inletted for a T3 and to be bedded. The results are what I think is the perfect varminting rifle

Thanks lad. Yeah it was built by Dominic Byrne of Dom's Custom Rifles here in Wexford, he produces some of the best rifles in the country. The barrelled action was sent to EDI Graef of PSE Composites for the stock to be inletted for a T3 and to be bedded. The results are what I think is the perfect varminting rifle

thanks for that its a great looking gun.best off luck with it

4D29E542-5F10-4C15-A9A6-608038A4A1ED_zps

Some will have seen this already but it is not finished with a couple of amendments. I really like the tikka actions. They are smooth as butter and plain shoot.

Tikka T3 Varmint .308 factory barreled action

Sako TRG trigger and stock

Kinetic Research Group chassis and mag release

Atlas spigot and bi-pod

Primary stalking rifle

Rem 700 6.5x284, blueprinted, Brux 8 tw barrel, PSE Composites Etac stock, Williams bottom metal and a few other modifications - built by me.

_ASC0720_zps30ed7454.jpg

Secondary stalking rifle (for hinds)

Standard Accuracy International AX folder, 20" Border, custom profile fluted barrel, 1.85tw, 6.5x47 Lapua - rebarrelled by me.

DSCN3738_zpse15ebc2a.jpg

For the foxes in my life

Tikka 595, 22-250 Ackley, 8tw, Border Cut originally made by Peter Jackson for me, but now tweaked a little by me.

DSCN1154.jpg

For F Class

A pair of Borden Rimrocks,

Lightning blue - 7mm/270WSM, Benchmark 8 tw, Manners Carbon F Class stock, built by me, glass is March 5-40 FX

DSCN4020_zps70ef53c9.jpg

Black carbon - 284 Shehane, Benchmark btw, Manners Carbon F Class stock, built by me, Nightforce 8-32

DSCN4015_zps834f0909.jpg

32EC11ED-B3E0-41BB-B995-2B76FC422AA1_zps

600e86b8-96f0-45db-95d3-62dd171a1d82_zps

2E32A973-8339-43D0-850A-CBAE7CBCD836_zps

.204 Ruger

T3 action

24" Krieger light varmint fluted barrel 1:12 twist

PSE Etac stock in PSE green

UKGW bottom metal

Nightforce 5.5-22x50, Nightforce rings, EGW rail

DPT silencer

HSS shroud, oversized bolt knob, fluted bolt

All metal cerakoted satin black.

One hole groups with 32, 39 & 40gr

Many thanks to Dominic Byrne and Edi Graef for carrying out the work

Great set up you have there............... love the back bag, bet you don't get any MOOvement with it. :blush:

Primary stalking rifle

Rem 700 6.5x284, blueprinted, Brux 8 tw barrel, PSE Composites Etac stock, Williams bottom metal and a few other modifications - built by me.

_ASC0720_zps30ed7454.jpg

Secondary stalking rifle (for hinds)

Standard Accuracy International AX folder, 20" Border, custom profile fluted barrel, 1.85tw, 6.5x47 Lapua - rebarrelled by me.

DSCN3738_zpse15ebc2a.jpg

For the foxes in my life

Tikka 595, 22-250 Ackley, 8tw, Border Cut originally made by Peter Jackson for me, but now tweaked a little by me.

DSCN1154.jpg

For F Class

A pair of Borden Rimrocks,

Lightning blue - 7mm/270WSM, Benchmark 8 tw, Manners Carbon F Class stock, built by me, glass is March 5-40 FX

DSCN4020_zps70ef53c9.jpg

Black carbon - 284 Shehane, Benchmark btw, Manners Carbon F Class stock, built by me, Nightforce 8-32

DSCN4015_zps834f0909.jpg

Some lovely looking works of art, you have sir. Quite like the front rest as well...I don't suppose it's needing a new home by any chance!!! ;):D

This is Gunner's new toy.

Very nice it is too. Whats the coating on the bolt Sir?

d60dadb9-2137-4919-aeca-da9461526dae_zps

MG00197-20140616-1814_zpsv7ycvaj1.jpg

You are a tru gent , thanks for posting pics , i normally sign in on a PS4 so no pics possible . Anyway , its Tin - short for titanium nitride i think . Its a sortof satin matt finish . Thought id be a little different . It may not be every one cup of tea lol . Atb - Tim...

Thought as much, same as motorcycle forks, nice and slippy.

Yep you were right buddy , not sure if its the same as whats on professional type drill bits , it should be hard wearing too - cheers

You are a tru gent , thanks for posting pics , i normally sign in on a PS4 so no pics possible . Anyway , its Tin - short for titanium nitride i think . Its a sortof satin matt finish . Thought id be a little different . It may not be every one cup of tea lol . Atb - Tim...

I don't think there are many rifle shooters that couldn't admit to thinking that's a beautiful looking action. Weather their cup of tea or not.

Is it one of Dave's?

Some lovely looking works of art, you have sir. Quite like the front rest as well...I don't suppose it's needing a new home by any chance!!! ;):D

Thanks

If and when one of the yet to go into production Farley Co axials (version 3) rests comes into my sticky paws the SEB will be for sale.

At the moment though, its staying.

I don't think there are many rifle shooters that couldn't admit to thinking that's a beautiful looking action. Weather their cup of tea or not.

Is it one of Dave's?

No it isn't. Its made by the same man, but my actions have my own spec.

Is it one of Dave's?

Hi , no its not . But like the man says its made by the same fella - john carr at resoloution precision . Think he make actions for DCR too . And one off punters like me / thru a smith that is . Its know as the clubman action , i always wanted a custom action with left port ( had to wait a little longer for the L-port was a custom option i think ) , R-bolt . Im like a proud father lolz :lol:

Yes it should have 1.5 thou bolt clearance and the smaller diameter firing pin hole etc . Atb tim.

Aah it might be Dolphin gun company , my mistake - but still mite be wrong :wacko: brock and norris have one by john i believe as well ! My next one will be a panda style but have to le-aze about this ;)