F class/BR gun

The customer came and picked up this multi coloured babe today..... :D

Christ i,m glad its gone, the stock was giving me headache. :lol:

IMG_1150_crop.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152_crop.jpg

IMG_1153_crop.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

The action is a long action, tight toleranced, single shot Valkyrie. It has the diamond fluting and coffin lid bolt shroud. 20 MOA rail, pinned lug etc etc.

Barrel is a 30" Bartlien , chambered in .284 win, and is a 1 in 9 ish gain twist. Barrel and action are polished.

Trigger is a Jewell, and the action is fully bedded into a McMillan MBR Tooley stock.

Scope is a nightforce NF 8-32 x 56 with an np2dd ret.

The customer wanted a gun to try out F class and also the longer range Benchrest disciplines up at Diggle.

Enjoyed building this one. :)

The new owner is a fella...... :D

Remind me not to go drinking with you Danny..... :lol:

Ahhhh as in "SHE" being the gun ?

Too much acid in the 60,s...... :D

The new F class/.338 action is being machined as we speak Ian.

I,m having the first one to give it some wellie.

Mine will be right bolt left port, and have a .750 diameter bolt, with pinned lug at the minute, production guns will have a fixed lug.

Made as tight as people want, ejector/no ejector etc, ports on either side, but not dual. Anything the punter wants really.

that has good drool factor dave-i think the stock is great it will certainley make folk ask where it came from, so a good bit of marketing .lets hope the nut behind the wheel can steer it!who is it?

seems a fair few 284 coming off the line these days nicec build Dave!

how much?

just kidding :P

is that pattern in the gel coat out of intrest?

cheers Andy

Yes the colour is moulded in.

We did specify red white and blue. I think it would have maybe looked better with blue at the front, then white, and red at the back. Then again, folk may have thought it french, and no one wants to be labelled as a cheese eating surrender monkey do they ? :lol:

The spacers are as the stock came Desperado, but removable. I think someone got giddy with the actual amount ! :lol:

The barrel has " business card" clearance Chris. Its such a big stiff tube, it doesn,t move anywhere. Wont be a problem to take a bit more out if it needs it. The stock is ultra rigid, plus the barrel is bedded 2" forward of the lug too.I dont like huge gaps around a barrel, but prefer to hand fit the gap, as close as possible. It looks neater.

Archived