6.5x47 Dies & Brass

Tikka

Does anyone happen to know who has stock of 6.5x47 Lapua brass? I've found some at Midway UK but at £87 + postage per 100

I thought I'd best do some more research......

Also, I need to buy a set of Dies in 6.5x47.

Up until now I've always used RCBS dies, but as I'm looking to really fine tune the accuracy of the new rifle I'm

wondering if other makes may be better.

Any help and advice most appreciated.

Does anyone happen to know who has stock of 6.5x47 Lapua brass? I've found some at Midway UK but at £87 + postage per 100

I thought I'd best do some more research......

Also, I need to buy a set of Dies in 6.5x47.

Up until now I've always used RCBS dies, but as I'm looking to really fine tune the accuracy of the new rifle I'm

wondering if other makes may be better.

Any help and advice most appreciated.

hi tikka

i think redding do dies now, and fosters do them as well. i have only dealt with them the once but i found them top notch.

if you would like me to try one of my suppliers then i can have a look, but i know brass has gone through the roof, i think 243 lapua brass is about £56 for 100 ;):P

ATB

Colin :D

Tikka, if you are desperate to do some fiddling :P then norman clark has probarbly got some.Tim hannam is out, and we have a boat load on order with viking arms, the importer.If you can wait, i can get them as and when, and they will be here, for when you pick the rifle up. I bought redding dies and they are fine, and the forster dies are excellent too, like Col has, its a case of take your pic. I went with redding, purely because i always buy redding, no other reason. I had to bend over and take up the butt from midway, because i was desperate....and it hurt ;)

Tikka, if you are desperate to do some fiddling :P then norman clark has probarbly got some.Tim hannam is out, and we have a boat load on order with viking arms, the importer.If you can wait, i can get them as and when, and they will be here, for when you pick the rifle up. I bought redding dies and they are fine, and the forster dies are excellent too, like Col has, its a case of take your pic. I went with redding, purely because i always buy redding, no other reason. I had to bend over and take up the butt from midway, because i was desperate....and it hurt ;)

hi

i would have had redding as well as that is all i buy, but when i order my rifle they did not do redding dies, the only ones where fosters,so i got some, well lets just say i could have waited :D:D:lol::lol:

ATB

Colin ;)

Aye, but i,ve found today, there,s no nitride coated bushes about Col, in .288, and .289, so i,ve had to get steel, and lube the necks till there,s some more nitride ones about. The rifle went to proof today, and couldn,t be done, because there,s a problem on the bolt apparently......

That 8 pack of stella is calling, its been a large ice cream bad day. ;)

The wife better be up for a shag...... :P

Aye, but i,ve found today, there,s no nitride coated bushes about Col, in .288, and .289, so i,ve had to get steel, and lube the necks till there,s some more nitride ones about. The rifle went to proof today, and couldn,t be done, because there,s a problem on the bolt apparently......

That 8 pack of stella is calling, its been a large ice cream bad day. ;)

The wife better be up for a shag...... :P

i would be sending for some from the USA, as i could not be doing with that,

i hope you get the rifle sorted soon as this caliber / case seems to be a winner

ATB

Colin

PS i have a 265 bush could you open that up????? or are they only coated

Thanks col, but machining one out would be a nightmare.The steel one will do, till i get a nitride one , plus i ordered 2 sizes to experiment a bit, so i can then get the absolute correct nitride one.

Archived