.17HMR

wulliewinky

hello lads, got a query for someone in the know.

iv been zeroing my .17 hmr at 100yards, but its always a bit out with a slight breeze, what range is the round unaffected by wind & for arguments sake, say its 50yrd what would the point of aim be above centre for a 100yrd zero ?

hello ronny, i appreciate that fella but what i was meaning, in the forces you can zero an sa80 on a 25meter range, i was wondering if i zeroed the hmr at 25 or 50 meters it would be bag on at 100yards & obviously it would be LESS effected by a breeze/wind

hello ronny, i appreciate that fella but what i was meaning, in the forces you can zero an sa80 on a 25meter range, i was wondering if i zeroed the hmr at 25 or 50 meters it would be bag on at 100yards & obviously it would be LESS effected by a breeze/wind

Wulliewinky there will be a point under 100 yards where you will achieve the same poi as at 100 yards.100 yards would be your secondary zero,As for what the range is i cannot help.

dave

p.s looking at ronnys chart then 50 yards would be fine for a zero to have a secondary zero of 100 yards

dave

Archived