Grodas rifle stocks

Just to resurrect this thread back on the original topic

.Along more traditional lines, this is a single shot Sako Forester action with a heavy 22/250 barrel and a single set trigger. I had it built more than 30 years ago and it was always a tack driver. I decided a new stock would be in order. I liked the look of the Grodas(GRS) stocks and ordered one from Norway(I do not live in the UK). The barrelled action slid straight in as the inletting was perfect. The old stock was Devcon bedded and it will be interesting to see how the new set up performs as regards grouping. I will test it shortly.

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

Just to resurrect this thread back on the original topic

.Along more traditional lines, this is a single shot Sako Forester action with a heavy 22/250 barrel and a single set trigger. I had it built more than 30 years ago and it was always a tack driver. I decided a new stock would be in order. I liked the look of the Grodas(GRS) stocks and ordered one from Norway(I do not live in the UK). The barrelled action slid straight in as the inletting was perfect. The old stock was Devcon bedded and it will be interesting to see how the new set up performs as regards grouping. I will test it shortly.

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

Agree with Ronin, that really does look good :)

they are great stocks,its my rifle in daves photo . over a year since it was done and i still love it only thing i would change is the forend could be a touch longer a.as with a 26" barrel and long mod it tends to slip round on the shoulder unless you hang onto it.hers mine again

a mate has just put one on his rifle after reading the rifle build in the sporting shooter very nice looking stock and rock solid to shoot, ref the other part of the thread I always try to spend money in this country and ref baldies comments I completely agree, im in the building trade and i presume its much the same as the gun trade in the sense if you do a good job at a reasonable price you get repeat custom (iv never been short of work) but i do have to compete with people who have zero overheads and don't pay tax which can be annoying when quoting a job agaist them, having said that im all for the bloke starting up in his shed after all i dare say most of this countrys greatest inventions were born in a shed at the bottom of the garden.

Any body thinking of a GRS we will happily send a stock of ours in a similiar style for you to try, Nobody thinking of buying a GRS stock has, after trying our version.We have more colours ,more styles, more flexiblity in the design, and we make them in britain and Oh yes we are usually cheaper.

Simon

Joe West Riflestocks

Archived