6.5 x 47

Hello Dave,

Sorry but I seemed to have stirred things up a bit.

Please do keep posting your work, if you hadn't. I wouldn't have seen your work and decided to buy one of your

rifles.

I work in engineering so know how much work goes into making a quality engineered rifle.

There isn't much money in firearms in the UK and you must be able to make a living or else there would be no gunsmiths.

Keep up your good work and ignore those who say about your prices being too expensive (they are not).

Phil Winnall

While I don't doubt Dave's ability and pricing I'm sorry but £550 for a Bartlein blank seems a tad high, even if it is fluted. Any particular reason for it being this high?

Barrels have gone up stupidly in the last couple of years. My last one cost £350 from pacnor once all the shipping and export license costs were applied and that was just a profiled blank (not fluted). I bought a pretty much identical one to it 5 years ago and it cost me £120. £550 sounds about right for a fluted bartlein to me.

The bartlien was one that Foxy had in stock for a long time. He bought it when the dollar/pound was very poor, hence the silly price.

It was exactly what my customer wanted and he was glad to get it, and pay the price.

Times change, and Bartliens are probarbly the best buy, price wise that they will ever be right now. Whenever i have a bit of cash about, i buy a few from Brian, just for stock. Silly thing is, a bartlien is cheaper than a truflite at the minute, as the new zealand dollar exchange rate is not so clever.

Dave.

You must be pricing correctly as you have plenty of work on your Books. People are prepared to pay so you are busy. Whenever you become "too expensive" your work will dry up. Simple economics. Your Rifles are unaffordable to many but that is different to expensive.

A well known Scottish Smith would not get out of Bed for a 4K Rife build.:)

You have me worrid about Truflite. Waiting for a Barrel to arrive with Foxie. Ordered last November!!!

Nick

Thanks for that Nick. ;)

Brian did say he had some on the way over, perhaps yours in in there ?

The truflites are not dear, its just that Bartliens are cheap [relatively ] at the minute i would say. I,m just grateful to be able to get either, as personally, i cant tell any difference in how they shoot, i love them both.

.. as the new zealand dollar exchange rate is not so clever.

Bad for barrel prices for you guys but OK for me as I'm having to pay a --UK-- outfit for a coming US m/cycle tour. Apparently no US outfit has the necessary credentials to make H-D happy?!

Chris-NZ

Archived