6.5 x 47

Finished this one this morning.

IMG_1141.jpg

Its a 6.5 x 47 Valkyrie, and its the first with a reduced diameter firing pin and hole, specifically for this cartridge. No more badly cratered primers. :D

IMG_1140_crop.jpg

The reduced diameter pin is available on any action, and at NO EXTRA COST !

The barrel is a factory fluted Bartlien , finished at 28" with an 18mm x 1 thread and invisible cap, and its fitted with an ASE Jet-Z mod.

IMG_1139.jpg

Stock is the old style AICS folder, fitted with Viperskins in FDE.

IMG_1138_crop.jpg

Trigger is a jewell, the action is fully bedded, and the duracoat is Hechler and Koch satin black.

20 MOA rail.

Hi Chris,

Yes they do. There is a fixed protruding stud on the l/h side, which mates to a female collet type clip in the rear of the stock. You just swing it open, and it clamps down onto the stud. Bit like a very large press stud for want of a better description.

NICE work again dave.you say the firing pin and hole are reduced -is the bolt bushed?or is it reduced at the manufacturing stage? and-what size is the pin?

were you at diggle yesterday with the practical lads tearing the country side up :D

The firing pin hole is machined in smaller Gary, at the manufaturing stage. I do have the pin diameter at work, but cant remember it at the minute.

I wasn,t at the practical course yesterday, no. I wont have anything to do with the UKPSA.

• 2 weeks later...

The complete gun was £4006.

Really nice gun but it all went quiet when you said the price. Will you take the wife's xsara picasso in P/X and give me a lift home :-)

Joking apart, very nice work! I've started saving already.

Phil

Yes, not a cheap gun Phil.

I,ve had several snide comments already about how expensive i am apparently [not that your post was anything like that ]

People dont see further than their nose end, and if they stopped to think, and broke the gun down into its component parts, they would see that a gun of that high spec was not in fact expensive.

The stock alone was over £1100.

The barrel blank cost ME £550 before it went into the lathe....etc etc.

I am always going to be relatively expensive compared to the part time gun builders who aren,t paying tax, VAT, or have any insurance to cover their customers.

At the side of any other bona fide gunsmiths who is full time, and pays the legal costs, i,m relativly cheap.

For this reason , i wont be publishing any more prices on built guns showcased on here just to make the site interesting. Anyone wants a price, please contact me privatly. :)

"At the side of any other bona fide gunsmiths who is full time, and pays the legal costs, i,m relativly cheap."

Agreed 100% !

Dave you forgot to add in the hidden expense of free rifle consultancy services for any potential Client, before and after the purchase.

ATB

P

I,ve had several snide comments already about how expensive i am apparently [not that your post was anything like that ]

People dont see further than their nose end, and if they stopped to think, and broke the gun down into its component parts, they would see that a gun of that high spec was not in fact expensive.

I am always going to be relatively expensive compared to the part time gun builders who aren,t paying tax, VAT, or have any insurance to cover their customers.

At the side of any other bona fide gunsmiths who is full time, and pays the legal costs, i,m relativly cheap.

For this reason , i wont be publishing any more prices on built guns showcased on here just to make the site interesting. Anyone wants a price, please contact me privatly. :)

Hi Dave dont let the bastards grind you down rise above it mate ive seen your work on here and up close and hope to continue too dont forget quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten i had one of the first surgeon rifles when you were building for roger at SYSS when i sold it for no other reason as i wasnt using it and wanted the cash for other guns that i would use i got very close to what i paid new because it came from a recognised builder and was put together properly how many factor that in when it comes to the bottom line price.

Phil

I have had 6 rifles built by Dave and every one is a 'shooter' ..... I wouldn't want 'cheap' at any price ..... Dave builds a quality product every time and also takes the time to consult with you before the build even starts.... that relationship alone has a great value beyond the rifle cost.

The people making the snide comments are only showing their own ignorance Baldie and I suspect not a little envy.Keep posting

your guns and don't feel you have to defend your pricing. I know of at least two 'smiths who would be £2000 dearer for similar work.

Mike

PS I'm sure you'd knock off the £6 for cash!!

I wouldn't want 'cheap' at any price ..... Dave builds a quality product every time and also takes the time to consult with you before the build even starts.... that relationship alone has a great value beyond the rifle cost.

Me too. I’d rather pay for Dave to do the work than get a cheap rifle that might not shoot.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that even the best components cobbled together will shoot…they might not. I know this from experience. :mad:

ATB.

Archived