New stock and paint

I was recently offered the chance of owning a Terry Cross Sentinel stock.....did i want it ? Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back ? :lol:

I,ve long considered this the best tactical stock rarely available in the world today...i know Terry cant get them made fast enough. McMillan make them for Terry to his own design, and no one else.

IMG_1116_crop.jpg

When i got my sticky little mitts on it, i couldn,t believe how well designed this thing of beauty really is. Once you hold it, you appreciate every little feature....its been designed by someone who really DOES know what he,s doing.

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

Mine has the forward mount for a night vision device built into it , and it also has a side rail [not yet fitted ] which is going to take my angle cosine indicator when i cobble a bracket together.

The bipod mount is for an Atlas as fitted, and also came with one for a harris. The base of the stock in the bipod area is shaped to cradle the harris perfectly.....another nice touch.

IMG_1117_crop.jpg

The floorplate is a work of art, and fits up inside the stock, with a nice ambidextrous paddle that is unobtrusive, but readily accessible.

The cheekpiece is adjustable, and has a circlip fitting that, once set, means the cheepiece can be removed and returned to its preset position easily.

It even has circlips inside the floorplate mounting holes to allow the bolts to be undone, but not fall out.

THATS attention to detail.

IMG_1120_crop.jpg

So the barrelled action was pillar and devcon bedded into the new stock. Once done, i stripped the barrelled action down, and gave it a coat of magpul flat dark earth. I felt it was a good contrast to the desert cammo on the stock itself.

IMG_1122_crop.jpg

Action is a Valkyrie, jewell trigger, Truflite barrel, custom fluted in .260 rem. Fitted with an AI brake, and brugger and Thomet Moderator.

Scope is a US optic 3.8 - 22 x 44 with EREK turret, illuminated FFP MOA stadia ret etc.

Its changed into something i now really love.

My heartfelt thanks to TerryH who went above and beyond to help me source this stock via his Friends, Terry Cross, and the new importer , Gary Costello. Thank you guys, all of you.

Hopefully when the supply is sorted out, i intend to use this stock solely for an off the shelf custom top end gun.

Dave,

Came out rather nice then :)

As you say, once you pick up and use this stock you can see where all the little differences add up, it just 'works'.

Terry

PS sorry Ian!

Dave,

Came out rather nice then :)

As you say, once you pick up and use this stock you can see where all the little differences add up, it just 'works'.

Terry

PS sorry Ian!

How're you posting?! You must have 2 men on the hand-generator to get the signal down electric string that long! :lol:

terry cross stocks are the best , the one i have is in forrest camo with the metal chassis installed just waiting for john to finish the action will post some pics when its finished

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Veey, very, very nice rifle and lovely stock, the kind of thing that many aspire to...........but sadly never own. Would you accept children as payment? :lol:

Archived