QUESTION F/CLASS SHOOTING DIGGLE

ANDY T

QUESTION F/CLASS SHOOTING DIGGLE

I have a question about f/class shooting i have been invited down to Diggle on Sunday to take part in an F/class competition the question is would my rifle be ok to shoot in that competition.

My rifle is an Unique Alpine TPG1 would the weight of this rifle be OK and can you use a muzzle brake or would this be unpopular a no no. Also what caliber would you recommend i have a 308 and a 6mmbr Unique Alpine TPG1

Thanks

Andy

Right here's the reply I gave to you in my PM.

It helps the forum if these questions are asked and answered on the open forum and not in a personal message.

No problem using your Alpine, but minus the muzzle brake. The weight limit for F open is 22lbs and 18 lbs for F/TR I doubt if you are over either weight.

F/TR is .223 and 308 only

F open anything goes up to 8mm.

In F open there only three real contenders for calibre and they are all 7mm, 284/Shehane, 7 SAUM or 7WSM.

Have a look here http://www.gbfclass.co.uk/ and print some plot sheets off.

You will find F/class shooters extremely helpful and friendly, I was amazed at the help/advice I got when I first started, so go for it and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Ian

Right here's the reply I gave to you in my PM.

It helps the forum if these questions are asked and answered on the open forum and not in a personal message.

No problem using your Alpine, but minus the muzzle brake. The weight limit for F open is 22lbs and 18 lbs for F/TR I doubt if you are over either weight.

F/TR is .223 and 308 only

F open anything goes up to 8mm.

In F open there only three real contenders for calibre and they are all 7mm, 284/Shehane, 7 SAUM or 7WSM.

Have a look here http://www.gbfclass.co.uk/ and print some targets off.

You will find F/class shooters extremely helpful and friendly, I was amazed at the help/advice I got when I first started, so go for it and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Ian

Thanks Ian

Hi I am going down to Diggle this coming weekend but the 800yd f class competition is on saturday not sunday.

On Sunday it is the 600yd precision benchrest competition, just thought I had better mention it.

You will like Diggle as it is a very friendly club.

Les

Hi I am going down to Diggle this coming weekend but the 800yd f class competition is on saturday not sunday.

On Sunday it is the 600yd precision benchrest competition, just thought I had better mention it.

You will like Diggle as it is a very friendly club.

Les

Hi

Yes its the Sunday comp i have been invited too what caliber would you recommend it 6mmbr 0r my 308 and is there any weight restriction in this comp and is it also a no for muzzle brake.

Any and all info you could give me on this competition would be appreciated.

Regards

Andy

From Ians reply

"No problem using your Alpine, but minus the muzzle brake. The weight limit for F open is 22lbs and 18 lbs for F/TR I doubt if you are over either weight".

Mark

Hi

Yes its the Sunday comp i have been invited too what caliber would you recommend it 6mmbr 0r my 308 and is there any weight restriction in this comp and is it also a no for muzzle brake.

Any and all info you could give me on this competition would be appreciated.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy, if your going down for the 600 yd precision shoot which is on Sunday, it is shot at 600yds and I guess that 6BR is just as good but bring both as you never know what the wind is like and at Diggle can be tricky sometimes.

The competition is shot from the bench, so bring a bipod or a front rest and also a rear back bag.

There is a generous sighting in period to 'get on' and all sighters are marked for you, and once all is ok and your on all of the relays targets appears and you will need a total of 20 scoring rounds as you shoot 5 rounds on each target, but bring enough to use as sighters.

You shoot 2 targets in the morning and 2 in the afternoon to even out the wind so no competitor gets a favourable morning or afternoon condition.

The idea is to get the smallest 5 shot group on each target and to get the smallest aggregate. Easy.

Regards

Les

Im planning on coming across on the Sunday 600 yds shoot. Whats the course of fire and targets please?

See above reply to AndyT which gives the course of fire. As long as you get there before 10am you should be ok, but I usually get there at 9.30am to have a cuppa and a chat with the lads.

Les

Andy,

A lot of helpful information has been given.........but

Here are the facts:

Saturday is the 800 yard F Class Shoot, Sunday, it's 600 yards benchrest.

For the benchrest shoot you will need about 30 rounds including sighters. Start about 10.00am. If you are bringing the Unique Alpine, it will qualify for Factory Sporter Class in either calibre and you can use the factory muzzle brake. Me? I'd choose the 6BR - excellent at 600 yds.

Bring some lunch - we always have a lunch break and tea/coffee/microwave always available.

Put the postcode OL3 5LB into your satnav and you should find us.

I look forward to meeting you.

Vince

Andy,

A lot of helpful information has been given.........but

Here are the facts:

Saturday is the 800 yard F Class Shoot, Sunday, it's 600 yards benchrest.

For the benchrest shoot you will need about 30 rounds including sighters. Start about 10.00am. If you are bringing the Unique Alpine, it will qualify for Factory Sporter Class in either calibre and you can use the factory muzzle brake. Me? I'd choose the 6BR - excellent at 600 yds.

Bring some lunch - we always have a lunch break and tea/coffee/microwave always available.

Put the postcode OL3 5LB into your satnav and you should find us.

I look forward to meeting you.

Vince

Thanks Vince

Andy

See everyone on Sunday, Im looking forward to it, my first BR comp, just hope the weather stay sunny.

Dan

Diggle. Sunny!!!!!!!

Bring your wet weather gear, wooly vest, balaclava, gloves, and your sun cream just in case.

Been there when we have had snow, wind, rain, sunny periods all in one afternoon. So be prepared.

Diggle. Sunny!!!!!!!

Bring your wet weather gear, wooly vest, balaclava, gloves, and your sun cream just in case.

Been there when we have had snow, wind, rain, sunny periods all in one afternoon. So be prepared.

Cheers, Dont worry, I will. Diggle is a bit like the Falklands, it has its own eco-climate.

Cheers, Dont worry, I will. Diggle is a bit like the Falklands, it has its own eco-climate.

At Diggle, we get six months of cold and wet - and then it's winter! (But - we have covered firing points and a warm range house!)

Vince

Hi

I am going to Diggle on Sunday for the 600yd benchrest shoot an need some info on parking.

How far is the benchrest shooting points from where you can park the car, is there a long walk to to shooting point or a short one just thinking about getting the gear needed to the firing points points.

Andy

Hi

I am going to Diggle on Sunday for the 600yd benchrest shoot an need some info on parking.

How far is the benchrest shooting points from where you can park the car, is there a long walk to to shooting point or a short one just thinking about getting the gear needed to the firing points points.

Andy

Andy,

The car park is right next to the range house and we have a lovely Nissan pickup to get your heavy gear to the point - about 100 yards away.

Cheers

Vince

Andy,

The car park is right next to the range house and we have a lovely Nissan pickup to get your heavy gear to the point - about 100 yards away.

Cheers

Vince

Thanks Vince

Andy

Thanks Vince

Andy

Hi Vince

I don't know if i will be shooting my 6mmbr or my 308, can you have more than one entry if you have two calibers or is just the one entry.

Regards

Andy

Hi All

Thanks for the warm welcome at Diggle even though it was freezing, wet and snowing at times.

Had a good time and will be back some time later in the year when the weather is better. Is there someone that could post us the results as we had to get of in a hurry before the results were announced

Many

Thanks

Andy

Archived