.22 hornet moderators

Whats the smallest/cheapest moderator people are using on .22 hornets? Seen a few threads on other forums where people are using rimfire mods (lets not get into rights/wrongs/proof arguments), just want real experience, good or bad.

Thanks in advance..

I have no personal experience, but my friend had used a cheap ish .22 rimfire mod.....it didn't last long, think it melted the insides out.

Just a experience I thought id share with you mate.

Steve.

A long while ago I was sold a .22 mod that came from an extremely well know national distributor that said categorically it was OK to use on a .22H. After about 15 rounds it blew up scaring the sh1t out of me, denting my Landie bonnet and seriously hurting my ear drums. Thankfully there was no one else around that could have been hit with the flying debris. I was using factory Remington ammo.

I was clearly a huge mistake on the distributors behalf and was dealt with accordingly. They replaced it with a T4 properly proofed which proved to be extremely effective and light enough in weight, certainly recommended.

Don't mess around with mods that are not approved for use with your choice of calibre! You could end up seriously injuring yourself or others nearby. There is a huge difference in muzzle pressure between a .22LR and a .22H centerfire.

Archived