customT3 stock ideas please

jimmy milnes

hi all,

as the tital says im in the market for an upgrade on my T3 stock "its a 25/06 if that makes a diference to choice". i was wondering if any one could advise me at all the rifle will be an all in one uses rifle ie. plinking at longer distances, deer stalking, vermin, so on and so on. fancy thumb hole but open to suggestions on other styles so if anyone can help or has any info at all or maybe has something fitted to theirs that just feels and works good please let me know/post a pic

cheers guys

jimmy

hi all,

as the tital says im in the market for an upgrade on my T3 stock "its a 25/06 if that makes a diference to choice". i was wondering if any one could advise me at all the rifle will be an all in one uses rifle ie. plinking at longer distances, deer stalking, vermin, so on and so on. fancy thumb hole but open to suggestions on other styles so if anyone can help or has any info at all or maybe has something fitted to theirs that just feels and works good please let me know/post a pic

cheers guys

jimmy

I recently put a left handed thumb hole laminate stock on my Tikka .223 stainless lite, I bedded it and it shot very well. I could not get on with it as I found it to long and heavy also the thumb hole to hold was excellent but slowed me down on the safety catch, so I decided to bin it and on a whim I ordered a PSE composite stock from PSE Compostes in Ireland, I opted for a black 700 gram light weight stock, I had a medium stipple for grip and also opted for a kaiser style grip. The guys in Ireland did a slight palm swell for the left hand and within a few weeks it arrived.

When I opened the box I was a bit disheartned, light weight, black looked fairly ordinary, I fitted to the Tikka, the fit was perfect and it handles like an absolute dream, I love the stipple grip and the kaiser grip it also ballanced the rifle perfect I must say I absolutley love it, so much so that I want to use this rifle all the time, I will most certainly be getting one on my sako Quad and my Tikka .243 super varmit when funds permit.

Good hunting

ATB

Mike...

I've got a Manners T4A on one of mine, its fantastic stock no questions. Bit on the heavy side for stalking though but I use it for that never the less. Contact Roger at South Yorks Shooting - he's the UK importer.

I've also got a KKC stock which is a laminate (Jackson rifles distribute them). Ergonomically the stock is fantastic both prone and off hand and light enough for carry. Its suitable for target work and hunting. I bedded mine and added a steel recoil lug.

If I could have any stock for a T3 it would have to be the KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis but I'm not sure anyone imports them yet to the UK. The closest thing to that available in the UK would be the Roedale chassis (modeled on the AI) with Viperskins.

I too would love to have a whiskey 3 chassis on my new T3 but I'm yet to find anyone who imports them. Would it be legal to buy onewhist in the states and bring it home?

Put it in your suitcase and don't tell customs! If you're going to bring one you may as well bring me one as well ;o)

In all seriousness you will be taking a big chance. Worst case scenario you get stopped and it gets taken, never to be returned. I don't think UK customs would have much to say about it being a rifle stock and would just charge you duty - that is if you are lucky enough to get it out of the US. The US customs could get funny as it needs an import licence to be exported. A few years ago I brought some reloading components back, my suitcase was opened up and the packages checked through after check in. I wouldn't take the chance on a $1000 stock.

Justin at KRG is really nice to deal with, give him a bell and see if he can sort something for you.

Mat can these be inletted for a tikka action...i wouldn't mind one myself.

The E-Tac comes with a SA Remmy inlet out of the mould.

I don't know how much work it would be but we could convert

an E-Tac to take a T3. I have a T3 rifle that I could use to inlet.

If an aftermarket bottom metal should be used we would need that

also to bed.

edi

The E-Tac comes with a SA Remmy inlet out of the mould.

I don't know how much work it would be but we could convert

an E-Tac to take a T3. I have a T3 rifle that I could use to inlet.

If an aftermarket bottom metal should be used we would need that

also to bed.

edi

Cheers Edi pm sent.

Jim, might be worth just confirming for the benefit of choice, you do shoot right handed don't you?

Might limit some of these otherwise.

Jim, might be worth just confirming for the benefit of choice, you do shoot right handed don't you?

We cry everytime a lefty comes along but we do them. We add extra straight carbon into the area that will be

cut out for the left hand bolt position just to keep the stiffness up. This is done when the stock is laid up.

We sent one lefty single shot (only trigger guard) E-Tac to Sweden two weeks ago.

edi

yeah Paul im right handed pal. been crawling the net looking at what's been posted so far and there are one or two that look the part. not after full on tactical look as its little too rambo for me

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm the xlr looks lovely!! Whats the bipod in those pics though?

I think it's a home grown one. Looks to be Aluminum hex stock cut for plates for the legs, and bolted to a long square bar that slides into a bracket bolted to the float tube (near as I can tell).

Roger at syss got a load of these xlr,s in. I had one and love it.

However, the entire shipment arrived damaged, and Kyle did not want to know.

Customer service to a man that had just bought 25 damaged stocks was pants.

What happened to the stocks Dave - were they so bad they couldnt be used...what action inlet.....?

They were very badly packed Andy. Subsequently, they all banged together, and various parts on every stock were damaged. Roger had to take them all apart, and make up good stocks from the bits. I,m slowly using up the damaged ones by duracoating them.

Upon informing the shipper and manufacturer, no one wants to accept responsibility, and e-mails are no longer answered.

Archived