Handgun Ban in the USA

kip270

Just pick this picked this up from another site, not looking good ;);)

http://www.morningjournal.com/site/news.cf...lename=news.cfm

Hmmm naive wishings of the anti gun lobby, I wonder if they have considered how they are going to persuade existing owners to surrender the circa 200 million handguns currently in private ownership ? I guess they havent thought that one thru, same as our Great Thinkers when imposing the post Dunblane restrictions.

"we must ban expanding ammunition" ..... !

Excuse me but..... previous legislation (Countryside Act) prohibits the use of anything else on live quarry!

"Oh well, everyone send in your tickets for a variation... "

Absolutely pointless but good publicity I suppose.

And now ? There are more illegal handguns than ever before and all in the hands of the Bad Guys, now isnt that a surprise!

I hasten to add that I totally abhor all the events at Dunblane, but has the imposition of further restriction on legitimate owners achieved any reduction in gun crime?

I would suggest that it has had no effect whatsoever.

Rant over.

ATB

Guest 308Panther
Just pick this picked this up from another site, not looking good ;);)

http://www.morningjournal.com/site/news.cf...lename=news.cfm

That is in the city of Washington D.C.

Them morons think they are free to do what they want.

They had a firearm law in place at one time where the gun had to be stored in one place and the ammo couldnt be within x amount of feet of the gun, The Supreme Court ruled it Unconstitutional....and the Freaks are retrying for a new law.

Wisconsin has a premeptive in place that says a city cannot make a law that is stricter than the State of Wisconsin has in place.

Our Nations Capitol happens to be located in the middle of one of the biggest slums in the nation.And not too long ago a Senator or Congressman who is Federally and State licensed to Carry a Concealed Weapon was busted for walking into a The Senate Building or Congessional Office with a concealed firearm.The media made such a big deal about it too....It really shows the truth of things when the Mayor of D.C was filmed and busted for smoking Crack Cocaine.

It really says alot for the City's Constituants doesnt it?

I dont know about you...But it tells me that the City of D.C. is full of Brain Dead Dope Smokin,Lazy Assed,Good for Nothin,Time Wastin, Money Grabbin,Air suckin Low Lifes that collectively couldnt rate a life form any higher than Shrimp that which promotes growth and vigour.

308Panther

The title of that article and it's pitch is a little off base. The Supreme Court will not be ruling on the validity of the 2nd Amendment per se, but will be ruling on the reversal of the statute in D.C. The Washington DC ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court will have little effect on the laws of the Union in general and there is not a (new) referendum up on a Federal level for a national handgun "ban".

Should any such legislation arise, they will leave it up to the individual States to decide, or in some instances (like the District of Columbia) City and County governments.

If you can stay awake enough to follow the current Presidential campaigning, you'll notice that every candidate stays away from the idea / topic of Gun Control. Even Rudy Guliani, who used to be a staunch advocate of tighter gun control has now reversed his stance. The US public by and large approves of handgun ownership. The FBI has shown that in areas where handgun possession is legal, crime falls off. Washington DC -which had a total ban on firearms- has long been the "Murder Capitol" of the US, only recently being edged by either Cleveland OH, or Philadelphia, PA; I forget which. Statistically, more people are bludgeoned to death in the US than shot.

In Montana we have four gun laws: Don't site in on road signs. Don't shoot your neighbor's livestock. Don't shoot your neighbor. And try not to shoot yourself. ;) ~Andrew

PS: I have twenty-odd handguns and I'm not worrying........

Guest 308Panther
Panther

Don't hold back..... if there is something you want to say , please just go ahead and say it,

Love it !

;);):lol:

There is a real big differance between Federal Politics and City Politics....Anybody can run for Mayor.

(As long as your a US Citizen) And ya dont even have to speak English either.

I have alot of respect for our Congressman and Senators (as long as they support the 2nd Amendment)

The part that really really bothers me is....The Big Shots have armed body guards,Body armor and bullet resistant limo's at their disposal. Fair enough, after all they have elavated themselves as leaders and are in a position that if targeted could be a detrimental to our system.

But then again...Anyone targeting Hillary Clinton would be doing us all a favor.Too bad the bastards would make a martyr out her.

But

If I were a resident of that City....Shouldnt I be able to defend myself ?

Why should I allow myself to be a second rate citizen simply because

I dont have a title preceding my name?

What should be done in that city...

1)Remove the Federal Bigshots and children under the age of 14....for a period of 1 month.And collect any and all body armor.

2)Take 2 semi trailers...One full of Fully Automatic Rifles all identical and of identical caliber.

The other full of ammo, deposit one on one side of town and one on the other.

3) Let the drug dealers,gangbangers and other assorted criminals have a shoot out for 2 weeks.

4)Bring in the Marine Corps and clean out anyone left.

Ok...Done Ranting for now.

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

From an E mail.....

Enjoy

308Panther

Gun History

Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history.

Something to think about...

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend

themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

--------------------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up

and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

DC falls under federal jurisdiction, which separates itself from a normal state to state decision in the courts. Which is why the apellate courts have led to a US supreme court decision on the matter. The gunmakers will be watching the decision closely.

JR

Guest 308Panther

JR,

To expand...

Since the District of Columbia Home Rule Act of 1973

It not only gave the residents of D.C. the Right to Vote, but to also

elect a Mayor and Common Council

As well as The Council of the District of Columbia.13 members.

And a non-voting Congessional Representative.

The 23rd Amendment(1961) gave residents the ability to vote in Presidential elections starting in 1964.

" At certain times, and presently since 1973, Congress has provided for D.C. government to be carried out primarily by locally elected officials. However, Congressional oversight of this local government still exists at a much higher level than would be allowed for any part of a state,Furthermore, this arrangement exists at the pleasure of Congress, and could theoretically be revoked at any time."

Posession of Handguns by ordinary people in D.C. has been prohibited since 1976,

and Registration of any Long Gun is required.

There is a grandfather clause in place on handguns registered prior to 1975.

Long guns must be unloaded,dissassembeld and bound by trigger lock.

The only ones exempt from the handgun rule is active and retired LEO's.

The Circuit Court of Appeals in Parker vs. District of Columbia found that

the Ban was unconstitutional,

It is the District that has Appealed this decision to the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court more than likely will rule that the CCOA decision stands.

As the interpratation in United States v. Emerson ...

The individual has the right to keep and bear arms...

There seems to be some confusion of how to interprat:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It truly amazes me that, Lawyers,who go to school for almost as long as a doctor does,

Still CAN'T READ !!!!

For the media to release that article isnt exactly telling the whole truth....They make it sound like its the whole nation and not just one city.

Wishful thinking on the part of the media.

And Hillary.

308Panther

• 2 weeks later...

308 Panther

I like the position you have taken on this issue. Unfortunately for us we have lilly livered drop the bomb politicians in this country who jump at the chance for free publicity. Here is the trully crazy thing we have the olympics in 2012, hand gun shooting has yielded a number of good medal placings for us over the last 50 or so years. Yet the government will not relax the laws for single shot target pistols. "Our select few pistol shooters may be able to use the MOD ranges to practice, we have make sure the public are safe so we will not be changing the law" this was a response to a recent call for the fire arms laws to be changed to allow target shooting again. I am not sure if you have any familiarirty with what happened over here but needless to say since the hand gun ban hand gun crime has risen astronomically and as usual the law abidding citzens are the ones hit. So from a personal point of view I am right behind you guys in the USA to keep your right to bear arms. Dont let them take them away from you. The only people who say you dont need firearms are those that have never used them.

I dont know about you...But it tells me that the City of D.C. is full of Brain Dead Dope Smokin,Lazy Assed,Good for Nothin,Time Wastin, Money Grabbin,Air suckin Low Lifes that collectively couldnt rate a life form any higher than Shrimp that which promotes growth and vigour.

Hey 308, who says your city has the damn sole rights to people like that ;) We got em here all over the UK and the nucleus is based in the House of Commons and Brussels!!!! ;)

I love it, you got anymore just like that? I can't wait to get to work and quote it to the first person that ticks me off ;);)

Guest 308Panther

Hey 308, who says your city has the damn sole rights to people like that :P We got em here all over the UK and the nucleus is based in the House of Commons and Brussels!!!! ;)

I love it, you got anymore just like that? I can't wait to get to work and quote it to the first person that ticks me off :lol::lol:

I live in Cudahy,a suburb of Milwaukee.

The city I was refering to was the voting poplace of Washington D.C.,.....My Nations Capitol.

There are a few Senators and Congressman that could fall in the category too.

(Clinton,Kennedy and Kerry come to mind real quick)

I would be awfull careful of who you would say something like that too.

I recently became unemployed for telling the truth one time too many,

That and returning from lunch one minute late (gods truth).

We had an overturn in Management, My old Boss(Max) was a lyin,manipulating,

backstabbing,two faced thief.

Every bussiness he worked for either went belly up,or if it didnt he was fired

before the company closed.

My new Boss (Terry) was hired from a company that was on the edge of Bancruptcy

after 16 yrs of his employment....So this tells me my new Boss was just better

at being sneakier,(....and 8 months later the company he came from did close up.)

One day he was bragging on how things were so much better since they fired Max and he took over,

and I laughed at him. I also asked him what drugs he was on.

Wich earned me a closed door meeting and lecture on "My Attitude".

After that he asked me if I had anything to say for myself.

Yup...Sure did.

Told him the the appearences of things hadnt changed,and from this side of the desk,He was

saying the same things and doing the same things the old boss did, and the

only differance between him and the old boss was the shape of their faces,And for him as a boss to say things are sooo much better is just proof his head is in a warm dark place.

308Panther

Archived