E-Tac & Kahles 624i

We finally managed to test the Kahles scope on our new E-Tac in the field and get a few pictures taken. Overall weight of my 243 Remmy with a Border barrel, the 6-24x56 Kahles and bipod was at 5.7kg (12.5lbs). This is much more than I would be used to for stalking, but it wasn't to bad with the rucksack style sling. Out at dawn we made for the Kerry hills. This turned out to be our first rain free hunt since the season started in September. The first stalk produced nothing as the deer didn't like the force 5 wind I presume. After a cup of coffee and with the wind dropping, we went for a slightly wind sheltered bank where I spotted a Sika doe and a yearling feeding in high grass. I was in open terrain and couldn't get very close as the deer were well alert. I found a mound of grass and an open sight line between blades of grass to not upset the bullet. Range was 261m which is still ok for the 243 with 80gr bt's. I dropped both on the spot.

Later we went higher into the hill and enjoyed the scenery. My friend got a calf at short range in a plantation. The Scope is an absolute fanstastic bit of kit. Shots went exactly where I wanted. The optics seem very "eye friendly", meaning even in a rush situation one seems to find focus and picture quick. Off hand shooting would be no problem at least at lower mag.

DSCN6572.jpg

DSCN6570.jpg

DSCN6564.jpg

DSCN6559.jpg

Shot position, deer positioned at "red arrow"

261msika.jpg

DSCN6556.jpg

DSCN6554.jpg

edi

Tony, I think it'll be a safe bet to assume that Edi'll rate them - it's his company ;):lol::)

:lol: yes I like the stock and am happy the way it turned out.

we worked a year on the shape of this stock and are taking risks with some features. The internal construction is unique to.

We'll see how it all developes, the first F-Class rig built by Fergal White with an E-Tac will be shooting at the midlands range in Ireland at the weekend....soon more to follow.

edi

:lol: yes I like the stock and am happy the way it turned out.

we worked a year on the shape of this stock and are taking risks with some features. The internal construction is unique to.

We'll see how it all developes, the first F-Class rig built by Fergal White with an E-Tac will be shooting at the midlands range in Ireland at the weekend....soon more to follow.

edi

Edi

Do you do one of those to fit a Sako?

I like the scope too, I didn't know that Kahles did the high mag stuff. If you don't mind me being nosey how much are the scopes???

Gary

This is possibly the first one ever unleashed here in Ireland. Im pretty impressed with it and my client is mega impressed. We should have some pics up after we run it on saturday at the novice shoot. Well done Edi, great work from you, very impressive.

This is possibly the first one ever unleashed here in Ireland. Im pretty impressed with it and my client is mega impressed. We should have some pics up after we run it on saturday at the novice shoot. Well done Edi, great work from you, very impressive.

Thanks Fergal, I'll meet you at the shoot. Might try out my 243 at 600.

Gary, normally not. We could convert a stock at a push if we have the rifle.

In the meantime I did find out the retail price of the scope. Around 2600,- Euro

I'll possibly keep the one I have.

John, thanks. Would suit your 223....

edi

My FT/R rig made its début on Saturday.

To say I'm delighted with the stock would be an understatement. It created a lot of interest at the range and the F Class lads are very impressed. They find it amazing how the stock is so light and has so much strength. I will have to add weight to the build to make the 18lbs :lol:

IMAG0141.jpg?t=1327600793

This is the only picture so far. The next day I'm at the range I will bring the camera and get some decent photos.

Specs:

Blueprinted Remington action

31" Trueflite Barrel 1-10

Jewell Trigger

E-Tac Stock

Burris Fullfield 6.5-20x50 (taken off my .223, Sightron 10-50x60 will be on top in the near future)

Work was done by Ireland Custom Rifles

Got to see these rifles in action over the weekend.

Fantastic looking, and the stocks was great. Never seen a stock of this design that is so light. It's one of those truely multi purpose stocks that would suit either a stalking or target rifle. As is evident by Edi's, and Dev's pictures.

Dev & Ezridax, great to have you on board here,

Sorry Dev I never managed to have a look at your rifle.

You were shooting while I was doing the "windmills".

Some pictures that were taken with my camera at the 600yd line.

Funny enough and maybe due to low wind the 243's with lightish bullets did quite ok.

My rifle only had about 20 rounds fired through it before traveling up to the midlands.

At least the drop chart that my daughter typed up the eve before wasn't too far out.

edi

DSCN6598.jpg

DSCN6603.jpg

DSCN6586.jpg

600yd243.jpg

Well hello there :D

Looks like all the old Boards crew are here now. Happy days :P

Is the barrel channel on that stock available in different sizes eg light, varmint etc?

At least the names stayed the same.

the barrel channel is 35mm wide or 17.5 radius with the centre 1mm above stock top line.

The reason why we start with the biggest size is because the barrel channel is moulded and

has several layers of carbon fibre, if we would start with a small channel and would mill out, our

strength/ stiffness would go down, especially the torsion stiffness. A large channel means good cooling and

easy cleaning. But, yes we can fill and make the channel smaller but would need the rifle or similar rifle.

edi

I have a Remy LVSF and the barrel might look 'lost' in a big channel?

It would, I stuck a sporter in to a stock today to check feeding from the mag system that we fitted

and it didn't look right. No problem to close the gap. The LVSF would make a nice light tactical rig.

edi

+1?

We have not 100% calculated everything through yet. Early days.

My guess will be around 765,- Euro for a complete stock as in the pictures.

We received our shipment of flush cups and are kitting out the next few stocks with these.

Flush cups might add a bit to the price as they are a bit more awkward to fit. Won't be much though.

We also made the first remmy left inlet stock this week.

UKV members get 5% off.

Delivery times around 4 weeks at the moment.

edi

Archived