.17hmr vs Squirrel

kip270

Well today i was supposed to be Stalking, but had a phone call last night to say it was cancelled due to the bad weather :( Then when i left work this morning it was dry and turned out to be a lovely morning :lol: So it was out with the .17hmr again.

I managed to bag four squirrels in under ten minutes :blink: the first one was 20 yards away, when i picked that one up i needed a call of nature, then just as i finished another squirrel came out of the wood at around 25 yards, i managed to bag that one too then sorted myself out B) (dedicated shooter you see, but not sure what anyone would of thought if they had seen me :lol:). I moved off then spotted a pair 60 yards away, i settled down on my varmint sticks and shot the one closest to the wood, quickly getting another round in the chamber i settled on the second one but just as i was going to squeeze off my shot it ran off. Picking up my third squirrel i carried on slowly, then just as i came to a small brow i could see another squirrel 75 yards away, so i got out my polecat bi-pod and attached it to my rifle, and settled down for the shot, but this one was on the move, so i followed it ready as soon as it stopped to take my shot. It paused and my shot found it's mark, a nice head shot at 78 yards ;)

IMG00255.jpg

I was in no rush to get home so carried on round the farm, then spotted a crow some 60 yards away, i settled the cross-hairs on it's chest and squeezed off my shot "Thwack" a crow bites the dust

IMG00256.jpg

well why would i want to go home on such a lovely morning, and who cares if i am tired in work tonight, mmmm not me :lol::lol:

I managed another two squirrels on the edge of another wood, the first one at 30 yards and the second at 45 yards, so in my last two visits i have had 10 squirrels :blink: , and i saw another 7 that were not shootable due to safety, so looks like i got a lot more to do ;)

IMG00258.jpg

IMG00259.jpg

Archived