Accuracy International - offer their version of Viper Skins.

LONG RANGE CAPT

Just re-watched that video with a beady eye:

One of the things that grips my sh't about the conventional AW stock is the the area forward of the mag well has a hard rectangular cross section. This makes the rifle uncomfortable to carry at the trail - viperskins have entirely rounded this area - the new AI skin is still hard-angled. That's a big 'one-up' for viperskins to me.

Another point is the viper thumb groove. It's only on viper.

On those two points alone, Viper still wins it for me.

I got some vipers in yesterday, and fitted them onto a gun today.

The fit and finish, both internally and externally is astoundingly good. I,ve never seen such precise, and accurate injection moulding. The AI ones wont touch these.

Basically the AI ones are adapted AX panels, and they are not great.

I got some vipers in yesterday, and fitted them onto a gun today.

The fit and finish, both internally and externally is astoundingly good. I,ve never seen such precise, and accurate injection moulding. The AI ones wont touch these.

Basically the AI ones are adapted AX panels, and they are not great.

Hi baldie any chance of seeing some pics of the end result?

Hi baldie any chance of seeing some pics of the end result?

I,ve taken them back off to paint them for the Newark show buddy. I will pop some up when i decide what to do with them :)

They are fabulous quality though.

I have an AE mk1 and the only thing that I find awkward is the reach from the thumb-hole to the trigger is too short for me and to get the first pad of my trigger finger onto the blade I'm breaking my grip.

Would the Viper skin be any better???

I have thought about fitting a trigger shoe but that's not really a fix.

Yes it would, because you can push your trigger hand further around the back of the grip, thus making the reach longer. I have large hands, and have the same problem with std skins.

I,ve taken them back off to paint them for the Newark show buddy. I will pop some up when i decide what to do with them :)

They are fabulous quality though.

Does this mean you'll have a stand at Newark displaying your wares????B)

I didn't see a full list of exhibitors on the show site (part list only)

Apparently the new AI skins will be the same price as the old AICS panels around £75, so for the price difference it will be interesting to see if there is a huge difference in quality between the 2.

+1 on the fore grip rounding, I was straped up tight sling shooting my AI the other day - my hand was in agony after a minuite.

Having not handled either it would be interesting if someone could let us know how they compare? The AI skins in the the video only look slightly 'softer' on the edges, would stil be uncomfortable I predict.

Does this mean you'll have a stand at Newark displaying your wares????B)

I didn't see a full list of exhibitors on the show site (part list only)

No buddy, i,m far too busy at the moment.

The chap who makes my actions will have a stand there with a couple of my guns on display.

No buddy, i,m far too busy at the moment.

The chap who makes my actions will have a stand there with a couple of my guns on display.

Can you let me know who to look out for as the place is vast?

Old AICS Panels are around £100 as well, but still a considerable difference in pricing.

How much are the Vipers selling for? Also do they do Vipers or the new AI panels for the AW.

One more question can you alter the pistol grip on either model to increase the distance to the trigger if you have big hands?

Dan, where's that info from? That's a hell of a difference :blink: (still think they look far less ergonomic than the vipers!)

Its from Graeme. He doesn't have them in stock (no pun intented) :-) yet, but recons they should be of similar price to current ones, you can even order them on new AI now. That was my reaction! Im sure the viper ones are a better design but that's a big price difference!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents,

Thank you for the positive comments about our Viperskins. We've taken great care in creating them and ensuring our customers get the best service possible. If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me here.

To answer some questions, yes the we will be offering an XL replacement grip for you guys with bigger hands. We have some new colors coming out and we are also offering a 'grippy' cheek rest which give the best and most comfortable cheek weld you can get.

Here is a video we just shot of an .308 Remy on an AICS upgraded with Flat Dark Earth 2.0 Viperskins...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkGlxKxkv14

Michael, saw the vid on SH this morning, good job!

That's excellent news that you are releasing an XL grip for the Viper's. With that being the case I'll be ordering more sets for sure.

Once again thanks for the excellent service and speed of delivery.

I,ve had a AICS stock delivered today for a custom rifle. The design has now changed. It has a much larger butt hook than the old one, and is obviously designed to also accept the AI version of viperskins ie the ones fitted to the AX.

As far as i can tell, the old side panels from the AICS wont fit the new stock, as the chassis is different. It doesn't have the big square block that the bolt handle drops into.

The quality of the injection moulding is utter crap. Its even worse than the old one. What an own goal. :o

Archived