.17 nosler varmageddon

22-250jock

anyone out there managed to get hold of or try out the 17 cal varmageddon heads, they're available in 20gr hollow point and 20gr ballistic tip

cheers jock

JOCK- i have been in contact with a friend in the states who gets me stuff.i have the original 20gn noslers the new ones are the same as far as we are concerned with a slightly larger hollow point the polymer tipped ones are to compete with hornady vmaxs and are cheaper to buy they are both to compete with all the other .17 cal stuff over there the market is huge.we may be lucky and get some later this year ,dont hold your breath.

Hi Gaz.

Can your pal get hold of any Todd Kindler bullets.

Would love to try them.

ATB

Al

HI ALAN-i have asked him at least 3 times but i get the same answer-NO!i think my mate has had issues with TK. and refuses to spend his $$ with him.from what i know they are [TK. GOLDS.] giving a high B.C. better than bergers/hornady.the gopher/ground hog shooters prefer the cheaper stuff to shoot volume.the coyote men seem to like the GOLDS for longer shots and to make sure the quarry is killed humanely.

viewed your latest video-good as always keep it up.

....the gopher/ground hog shooters prefer the cheaper stuff to shoot volume...

Gophers, ground squirrels, often hunted with rimfire and moderately large quantities of ammo. Groundhogs (aka woodchucks) don't represent "volume" hunting: most I ever shot in one day was 22 which was pretty good, especially compared with many parts of the USA where half a dozen would be regarded as an excellent day's bag. Long shots at 'hogs deserve the best bullets you can buy. By "volume" you're thinking of prairie dogs on the Midwest plains, where some guys might get through 400-500 rounds in a day... Barrel life gets a bit critical.

Tony

JOCK- i have been in contact with a friend in the states who gets me stuff.i have the original 20gn noslers the new ones are the same as far as we are concerned with a slightly larger hollow point the polymer tipped ones are to compete with hornady vmaxs and are cheaper to buy they are both to compete with all the other .17 cal stuff over there the market is huge.we may be lucky and get some later this year ,dont hold your breath.

thanks for the reply gary,

will have to keep an eye on midway website to see if they get any over here

cheers jock

Al - Rich and I had Foxy on the trail of TK bullets as they'd be sweet in the Rem and FB. ;) I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

SI - i will be seeing FOXY on sunday at diggle if i rememeber :huh: i will ask him.

• 2 weeks later...

midway are now stocking the 20gr hollow points at £14.54 /100 and are expecting the balistic tipped at the end of march at £15.07 a box,

both cheaper than the v-max's but will have to wait and see if they're any better

cheers jock

sorry guy's thats noslers not kindlers

Guest richness

I reckon the BT ones will be lovely consistent bullets. I await the BC figures keenly. Any news on a 25 and '30gr version? A 30gr bt with a .25bc would do nicely :D

Archived