Riflecraft any good?

Tubs

Right I've had a think and I was out of order everyone , sorry.

To the original post:- phone Andy at Riflecraft and have a chat , then decide what you want to do with your own hard earned?

Russ

Russ, no drama, thanks though - it's the fact that everyone on UKV behaves like grown-ups that makes it what it is :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........oh, and he told me he was a "sniper" in Bosnia ;)

Now that everyones mates again can I ask this again without getting shouted at :unsure:

No beef at all, would just be stunned if he turns out not to have the sort of sniper background that lots of people including me have been led to believe. Not sure anyone’s been slagged though?! Isn’t this just asking if he was an SF sniper or a TA sniper? Didn’t think that was slagging, that’s a polite and fair question can’t see how getting a straight answer to a straight question is slagging? Ignore me, I’ll just wait until someone to comes out with the answer

Dont want to seem rude, but about 64 posts ago you said that's what you were going to do, I'm just interested in the answer :)

i did speak to him , not about his service history (i'll do that next time i see him) but about the rifle that did the groups in the photo , there is two sides it turns out after all but all said and done both partys are happy with the outcome.

i am afraid though that whatever i find out won't be printed by me on a public forum, we are talking about a mans livelyhood here.

if you are really that interested phone him and ask him ?

I met the guy a good few years back on a stand at a gun show or game fair and I am fairly sure he said he was a Para Regt Sniper. Then again he could have said he was in a Para regiment i.e. 7 RHA and he was a sniper (in TA) which could be two different things. Either way I dont supose it makes any differance to how good his rifles are, it is not like he was claiming to be an Armourer.

Dave

I met the guy a good few years back on a stand at a gun show or game fair and I am fairly sure he said he was a Para Regt Sniper. Then again he could have said he was in a Para regiment i.e. 7 RHA and he was a sniper (in TA) which could be two different things. Either way I dont supose it makes any differance to how good his rifles are, it is not like he was claiming to be an Armourer.

:lol: What hope have civvies got of distinguishing the 2 truths if a WO1 Gunner-groupie can't split the 2 apart :lol::)

I bought rifle training from rifle craft, it was the stage 1 course as my FEO pretty much insisted on it. The guys were very knowledgeable and pleasant. Went to dinner with Andrew on one night of the course and he seemed a very amiable gentleman, never claimed to be anything he wasn't. Unfortunately due to an oversight on the range I would never ever go on one of their courses again unless I was shooting my own gun, even then I would still think twice about it. This is just my own experience, I am sure that there are lots of other people that are more than happy with all the courses, and that being said the basic course is a very good, informational course. I got to play with some of his custom rifles out to 300 yards and they did shoot exceptionally well.

I find it strange that people believe they have nothing to learn from one of Andy’s courses unless he is an Ex SF sniper etc. Neither the military nor civvies are the last word with regards to shooting.

I would think that if you were eager to learn about shooting and think you can gain something, you'd go along with an open mind.

I can see how disappointed one might be if what you were really after was pub bragging rights about being trained by an ex SF sniper. wink.gif

ATB

I had a semi custom rifle off Andrew 10 years ago which shot extremely well (sub half consistently).

I have also found him to be extremely helpful in terms of advice and a handful of occasions subsequently when there has been nothing in it for him commercially.

I don't know him well and haven't had any contact in several years and certainly do not know his background.

However the point I am trying to make is that is his background relevant?

I would say not if the work carried out is to a good standard and his courses are informative and beneficial to the attendees.

Hi All,

I sat in on a talk he gave to the Safari Club meeting at Bisley a few years ago. The subject was long range hunting, the talk started along the lines of 'when you're blowing donkey wallopers out of their sandals at a 1000 yards'. Although no firm claims were made, the impression left with the audience was that he was an experienced sniper who had served in Iraq. Whether he saw active service or not the subject matter raised was neither appropriate or relevant to the meeting,

Alan

I sat in on a talk he gave to the Safari Club meeting at Bisley a few years ago. The subject was long range hunting, the talk started along the lines of 'when you're blowing donkey wallopers out of their sandals at a 1000 yards'. Although no firm claims were made, the impression left with the audience was that he was an experienced sniper who had served in Iraq.

The first example in bluegreen's last 'parable' (should that be 'allegory'?!) is interesting blink.gifhttp://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=27966

Apropos of nothing:

If one thing strikes me from this thread; it's the fact that if there are military background 'shennanigans' the Americans call it 'Stolen Valour', pass laws about it and then actively hunt down and expose people for dishonouring what other people have actually done by falsely claiming to have done it too; but a bunch of people on this thread seem to be saying such behaviour, if it were taking place, just wouldn't matter. blink.gif

Well, without wishing to pull up a sandbag, I'm afraid to say that after more than 2 decade's Service I personally tend towards the American view.

It's about Honour - and if people don't get that, then they ain't got that.

I have been reading this thread with intrest and i stand by Matt on this and my veiw is i dont know the guy in question and never had any dealings with rifle craft but i think when you have young men giving there lives all around the world and doing a service to there country it is a disgrace to pretend and and make a living on the lies of misleading people in to believing you are a s/f sniper if it is proven that is what he as done over the years nice guy or not he should be made to answer for is actions the trouble with all this speculation is i have known and met true hero,s of the second world war and they all seem to have one thing in common they never seem to want to talk about there experiences and they definatly never brag about it.

Archived