cz 200s

ds1

A mini review of the CZ 200s. This is my 9 year olds xmas present - I wanted an accurate and small pre-charged air rifle. The cz 200s fits the bill. It is the same as the Air Arms 200 but with a different stock (one piece laminated). Brown Dog has reviewed the Air Arms 200.

Plus points; it's very accurate, ergonomics - it is youth sized but can be used by an adult, overall excellent quality, price and options. The trigger is also very good if not excellent.

Minus points; plastic bolt handle, plastic still air tube (third party metal options are available) about 50 accurate shots between pumps 150 - 225 bar. An adjustable cheek piece and butt pad would have been good options also as my 9 year old can not get any cheek weld.

Kit: the rifle came with an Hill pump (excellent heavy duty with dry air gizzmo) Nikko Stirling 3-9x scope and rings, Harris BRMS bipod. I bought a drag bag, 5 round side bar mag, rear bag and Gammo reactive target to complete the xmas package.

Nice; the Nikko Stirling scope is really nice, positive clicks, focus down to 10m and has both red and green illumination for the reticule.

Pic of my son with his cz200s

adamcz200s003.jpg

Accuracy - 5 shots 10m - one hole with heavy match pellets. Accuray was also excellent at 30m on the reactive target.

adamcz200s002.jpg

Cz 200s

adamcz200s004.jpg

5 shot bar magazine - all alloy parts plus no increase in height so scope mounting stays normal,easy to install.

adamcz200s005.jpg

Overall I think it is a excellent air rifle for youths or adults - I have practiced standing position with it. I shoot it at least as well as my .22lr Sako.

Hi BD, no problem to buy the mag system here for you and post it on - cost about 900czk. I was very impressed with the rifle at 40m today, both my son and younger daughter were knocking the hell out of the 5cm bull on the reactive target. Pellets were 4.52mm JSB heavy match.

Hi BD, no problem to buy the mag system here for you and post it on - cost about 900czk. I was very impressed with the rifle at 40m today, both my son and younger daughter were knocking the hell out of the 5cm bull on the reactive target. Pellets were 4.52mm JSB heavy match.

Yes please to the mag system!

Just had a play with my S200 (all 3-shot groups):

P1000550900x348.jpg

Like you I'm using 4.52mm pellets -Air Arms rebrands of the JSBs I think. Weight is 8.4grains/0.547grams (don't know if that's heavy or light! :rolleyes: )

I charge it to 180 bar and that seems to give about 25 super-duper shots and then the wheels fall off :o

This where I moved back to 25 metres:

P1000551900x122.jpg

Tgt 1 -3 shots -big smile

Tgt 2 - 5 shots -the first two spread and so I wanged a bunch more in to see if it was me.

Tgt 3 - 3 shots - uuuugh :(

Then thought to re-charge the rifle to 180 bar Still new to this air rifle mularkey :rolleyes:

Tgt 4 - 3 shots - don't know if that's 'valve settling' group after a recharge (if there is such a thing! :lol: ) or me expecting a repeat of Tgts 2 and 3.

Tgt 5 - looks to be back to normal

Archived