If only i had the £.

Very nice jayfoxing ;) Custom rifles are lovely - but somtimes from the factory you get something special ;) Just look at darrels SAKO 6PCC and mine was the same!!! Bloody shame they stooped making them :( :(

All the best.................

RAY...................... ;) ;)

Ray,

I agree, the Sako 75 in 6ppc is something very special. With my ticket up for renewal at the moment ive requested a 243wssm as a general purpose rifle. I'm hoping that the Browning A-Bolt Varmint Stalker turns out to be just as special.

Jay.

Jay , good luck with your new rifle when you get it and please keep us informed on how she goes when you get her!!!! ( OH ER MISSUS ;) ;) )

As for sako ppc , loved mine so much -hence new krieger barrel and always room in gun cabinet for her ;) ;)

All the best..............

RAY................. :( :(

Guest Rich.K

Jay,

If you do go down the 243 wssm route will be very keen to hear your experinces as most have what I have read has been quite negative of the wssm rounds? Sorry, dont mean to p#ss on ya parade ;)

Jay,

If you do go down the 243 wssm route will be very keen to hear your experiences as most have what I have read has been quite negative of the wssm rounds? Sorry, don't mean to p#ss on ya parade ;)

Hi Rich,

Don't worry about my parade, its had worst than p#ss trust me. I guess i went for the 243wssm because i like to be different and its so versatile. I had a long think and did some light research into the calibre before making my final decision. I hope im correct in my choice, if not then i guess it will make an unusual club. Will keep you all informed on its progress if and when the rifles granted.

Thanks,

Jay.

Guest Rich.K

Cheers Jay. I think the main issue is just the brass, as tough as old boots!

PNSE, can you spill whos is the rifle? Is the stock from a chap in the SE?

I enquired with gary cane for one of those stocks, and if i remember right, it was around £1200 plus vat, then, but you dont appreciate one, until you pic it up, the man is a true master, and the stocks are beautiful, there is nothing else like them, made in this country.

Gary is right, it is a very accurate rifle and will regularly shoot sub 1/4" at 200yards. The beauty of the stock for me is that Gary Cane custom built it to my measurements so that it fits like a glove. He really is a master at his art and as far as I'm concerned it was worth every penny. Although the rifle is quite heavy it is perfectly balanced and is very easy to shoot.

Nick.

Gary is right, it is a very accurate rifle and will regularly shoot sub 1/4" at 200yards. The beauty of the stock for me is that Gary Cane custom built it to my measurements so that it fits like a glove. He really is a master at his art and as far as I'm concerned it was worth every penny. Although the rifle is quite heavy it is perfectly balanced and is very easy to shoot.

Nick.

hi all

i think i have seen this rifle in the flesh, and it is an absolute cracker, i would be showing it of all over the place if i had the skill to make that stock. and the hole package is a rifle to be proud off. i have not had the pleasure of seeing it shoot but with a rifle that well put together,i would say it was a given fact.

Colin ;)

Hi guys, yes it is a a pretty special rifle, I've had it about 2 years now and it still gives me a thrill to shoot it!!! The stock is a Gary Cane custom in a grey laminate with an adjustable cheek piece, adjustable butt plate and also a accessory rail to which I can attach a special wedge that Gary desinged so that the rifle would ride bags properly for shooting of a bench. The action is a BAT short action, single shot with a Jewel trigger. The barrel is a s/s super matchgrade Pacnor and is a 3 grove 1in11 twist to stabalise the 39gr sierra blitzkings the I prefer for foxing. Steve Bowers has done all the gunsmithing and I have to say that although he is slow his work is absolutely superb and if you are after the ultimate in accurate rifles he is the chap to speak to. Steve is slow because he is such a perfectionist and is also far too nice for his own good. Steve designed and fitted the mod which is 28mm and sleves over the barrel down to the action where it is sealed with two O rings. The mod is very efficeent, on a par with PES JetZ and the T8 but not quite as good as the A-tec. The main reason for this is that the optimum size for a centrefire mod is 38-40mm a compromise between efficency and aestetics was made. The chamber is .237 which means that there is no need to neck turn the 220 lapua cases. At the moment I'm using 28.3gr of Vit N133, Fed match primers and 39gr blitzkings at 4000fps ou of a 22" barrel. I did have a Nightforce NXS scope on top but have changed that to a 6-24x72 Zeiss for the better optical quality and the fact that you can adjust the iluminated reticle without using a screwdriver.

Yes it would be nice to try some benchrest comps but finding the time is a nightmare!!

Regards Nick.

20ppc,

Yes it sure is a stunning rifle. Are you going to give us a hint on the cost of such a fine weapon. I wouldn't know if i should shoot it, look at it or sleep with it, its a beauty.

Thanks,

Jay.

Guest Rich.K

I have a Steve Bowers rifle and agree with what has been said. He is slow, but a top gunsmith and bloke. The rifle was due to be stocked by Gary Cane whos work is precise and exciting stuff but ended up getting my deposit back as didnt hit it off.

Archived