Re-stocking RPA Quadlite

kneedoc

I am seeking to re-stock my RPA quadlite and wondered if anyone had any experience in this avenue. Also keen to improve capacity from current 3 shot magazine, as I am working on improving the current set up, with a view to hind culling, hence needing larger mag cap.

McM A2 or similar, would be my initial thought as regards stock contour.

Thoughts?

James

Neil Mckillop has just restocked my Quadlite in an F class stock and I'm very pleased.

Not the easiest of jobs unfortunately.

They say it is a Rem 700 foot print and that is not entirely true! The only things which match are the spacing for the screws!

The action is slighlty longer and the recoil lug is further forward those were minor problems.

The biggest problem was the trigger unit, on an RPA they hang down a lot further than a Remington from the base of the action, so getting the trigger to sit inside the guard was a nightmare. Neil had to adjust the blade length and alter how the trigger guard sat in the stock to accommodate it!

RPAPTRstock.jpg

Very pleased in the end, a cracking job Neil.

It also shoots superbly

6BRgroups.jpg

Cheers

Dave

sorry for the basic reply but buy 2 more mags for your gun , that would be one option rather than a 5 shot or mag converstion to a stock. the closest action if no rpa inlet stocks are about is a remmy short inlet , you will need to do a bit of inlet work but they are as near as you will get if no rpa inlets are about in your chosen stock.

this said iam thinking you have a detachable mag already?

Dave,

IMO that's currently THE best stock available for F Class and long range benchrest.

I've just done the same job (RPA Quadlite) for a shooting buddy - as you say - quite a lot of work but well worth it. These stocks ride the bags so well.

Vince

Foxy has two types - one with a three-inch benchrest type fore-end and a rounded fore-end if you want to eclusively for F/TR.

However, the benchrest type fore-end is great for ammo testing with a proper front rest - yes, it's a few ounces heavier but this was my choice.

Vince

I have had the RPA for a while and there have been some mag changes/evolutions apparently, such that larger capacity RPA mags are not possible (according to RPA). I have 3x3shot mags, which I use, but at the same time as changing the stock, I would aim to improve mag capacity.

F class stock not really doing to work, although it does clearly produce excellent results.....

James

F class stock not really doing to work, although it does clearly produce excellent results.....

James

It was just to highlight the problems of bedding an RPA action into a stock with a Rem 700 inlet.

They say the action is a Rem footprint but it isn't and what will make your problem more interesting is your bottom metal work.

Good luck with your endevors.

Cheers

Dave

what stock have you currently got it in ? i may be interested in buying it off you if you want to sell it.

James is a pal, I'm sure he won't mind me answering for him; it's in a Robertson thumbhole sporter

as per this link:

http://www.rangemasterprecisionarms.com/?page_id=66

Thanks Matt.

As Brown Dog states, right handed thumbhole. Very comfortable, but looking for something with an adjustable cheek piece option.

James

• 4 years later...

Give RPA a ring I've got an Accurate mag stock and a friend got a Cadex from them. Both made for RPA and not Rem both take Accrate mags and are very adjustable

post-11722-0-41590900-1462692894.jpg

post-11722-0-09832900-1462692911.jpg

I had an RPA with a Robertson stock, it was the interceptor model which used Sako TRG 10 round magazines.

Whilst not a thumbhole the pistol grip element of the stock (excuse me if the wrong terminology) was similar to a thumbhole and had an adjustable cheek peice. I shoot an AI now and fine them a style to shot to draw a similarity if it helps. I thought is was a great stock and would be an option I would explore again. The only downside was you had to remove the cheek peice to remove the bolt.

This system all worked on a quad lite action if that helps. Although I'm sure an expert will be along to advise further.

Do you think it is possible to install à rpa quadlite action on a stock with à r700 inlet ?

With moderate work (bedding )

Lucky,

The action diameter is the same, tang length and shape similar, can't remember if the screw hole spacings are the same, may depend if LA or SA. although I've never had a LA. Otherwise it's just moving the recoil lug mortice forward, lengthening the loading port slot and cutting a slot for the bolt release. Then just faffing about with the trigger guard and bolt handle slot as the rem is angled back far more than the Quadlite requires, which I think personally would bug me the most. But overall quite easy really if you've got some time on your hands and moderate skills.

Richard.

• 5 months later...

I currently have an A2 stock on a PH M87. Nice stock, but not my first pick for a sporting rifle. Perhaps a light filled M40A-1 or A1-3 type stock might be my preferred choice.

You could do a worse than speaking to Staffs Synthetic Stocks. They've done a few stocks for me, and I've no complaionts. And no, I'm not affilliated to them, just a happy customer. :) They also have a similar stock to yours with an adjustable cheek piece which might be just what your after if I've read your posts correctly.

Hi folks,

A buddy of mine has an RPA Interceptor. Anyone know if that can be restocked with a lighter stock?

KR,

Scrummy

Give staffordshire synthetic stocks a call! They will make you anything you want in whatever weight you like! They have restocked 5 rpa rifles for me.

Highly recomended!

Archived