One for Neil [Dasherman ]

Here you go Neil. This is Charlie,s 6 x 47. Thought you would like to see the finished job buddy. Its a lovely gun.

Neil built this beautiful rifle, based on a surgeon. Dont know what the barrel is, but its sat in a manners stock, bedded, and a jewel trigger.

I,ve just done the paint for a mutual customer.

The pattern is GAP digital, which is coyote tan, matt black and OD green, under satin laquer. Barrelled action is Satin black.

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

That is one fine looking rifle!

Dave, that must be the Manners T5A. The website says the T5 is fully ambidextrous but the T5A isn't. While you have the rifle to hand, can you tell me if it is just the rising cheek piece that is sided or the whole grip arrangment. I can't tell from pics on the website.

Cheers

Rup

Off the top of my head Rup, i think the grip has a slight thumbrest on the left. The cheekpiece is ambi and if i remember right, the adjuster can be reversed.

Ian,

Thats Heckler and Kock satin black on the action. Its a new bottle and it is slightly glossier than normal for some reason. However, it was dull when i took the pics, and i think the flash has made it look shinier than it actually is.

Neil also built my 6x47 Lapua. If this gun shoots anything like mine, the new owner will be very happy indeed.

Its a Stiller Predator, Jewell Trigger, 24" 10 twist Pacnor Super Match, in the first T5A Mini Chassis in the country (buddy in the Usa sourced it for me) shoots in the .1s and .2s with 70gr Nosler BT and 38.2gr of N135 3545fps :D

Where does one get those Atlas bipods? I thought they were hard to find, something about the US military buying all they could make. Seems an excellent design.

Tony

Try Dan at Riflecases on the web (Tacfire systems) ...he only has the Quick Release version in at present but gets a monthly limited order of the standard screw-on jobs.... needs a Picatinny rail on rifle.

Try Dan at Riflecases on the web (Tacfire systems) ...he only has the Quick Release version in at present but gets a monthly limited order of the standard screw-on jobs.... needs a Picatinny rail on rifle.

A clickable link to tacfire is on the UKV frontpage.

Or here: Tacfire

I had the last one sporting services had the other day. They told me that Atlas had just won a large military contract and were basically giving up on the civilian market to concentrate on the order.

I hope Dan can still get some ?

I had the last one sporting services had the other day. They told me that Atlas had just won a large military contract and were basically giving up on the civilian market to concentrate on the order.

I hope Dan can still get some ?

Dave... Dan told me that he was getting a small monthly quota.....order early!

Dave... Dan told me that he was getting a small monthly quota.....order early!

Due to the popularity of Atlas in the US, the bipods have always been hard to keep in stock, and recently this situation has become worse. B&T industries have just won a number of large contracts for the Atlas on top of what they already have. They have now stopped sales to the civillian market and are only supplying to dealers who already have an existing monthly order agreement with them. We are one of those dealers. We still get them every month and do our best to ensure that we can supply all of the bipod varients within the numbers we have available. This sometimes means that we need to add your requirements to the next months order as we are usually sold out before the shipment arrives.

Dan

Tacfire Systems

Thanks for that, just looked at Dan's site - expensive bipods but I read a US review and they seem very well designed, lighter than Harris, no squeaky springs... I've used Harris for years, have two with Podlocks currently, and they're excellent kit. But the Atlas might be better. Must smash my piggy-bank...

Tony

Thanks for that, just looked at Dan's site - expensive bipods but I read a US review and they seem very well designed, lighter than Harris, no squeaky springs... I've used Harris for years, have two with Podlocks currently, and they're excellent kit. But the Atlas might be better. Must smash my piggy-bank...

Tony

Hi Tony,

You won't regret the change from Harris, the quality of the Atlas is superb. If you change the bipod between rifles then it's not an overly expensive investment,

Alan

Hi Tony,

You won't regret the change from Harris, the quality of the Atlas is superb. If you change the bipod between rifles then it's not an overly expensive investment,

Alan

I second that having used mine for the first time yesterday... they do have an edge over Harris. Need to remember Baldies advice to me that you must 'load' the bipod by pushing forward a little to take up the slack...solid as a rock once you get used to that technique.

Tony, If you get a Atlas then let me have first dibs on your Harris.

Tony.

Sure, Tony. Yesterday I asked Dan to put me down for an Atlas so I'll have at least one (maybe two) Harris bipods in need of a new home. I have the Type S BR model, and the standard 9"-13" (?) one too, both in excellent nick with Podlocks. No idea what these go for. I'll let you know as and when.

Regards, Tony

I second that having used mine for the first time yesterday... they do have an edge over Harris. Need to remember Baldies advice to me that you must 'load' the bipod by pushing forward a little to take up the slack...solid as a rock once you get used to that technique.

I see what you mean Dave. There are several YouTube videos of the Atlas but

, explains the features & functioning very clearly with good camerawork - unlike some so-called reviews out there.

Tony

Archived