.22 lr recommendation

Aggy

All to commoner a story now ! God how I wish they did a 22wmr finnfire , would save me having to build my project on a ruger k77/22 VMBZ .

Why not stick a 22WMR Quad barrel into your Finnfire? I'm pretty sure the barrel spigot is the same diameter and it's just the 2 bolts in the clamp.

Finnfire for me and I've the luxury of a choice between a varmint or a standard barrel having b**d up a perfectly good action by overtightening a one-piece sportsmatch mount <_< so I kept all the bits apart from the action when I found a replacement.

As for accuracy.... shot a bunny at 190m this summer. Say no more.

atb

FBW

B)

I think I will be edging towards the sako when i get another rimmy .I had a cz 452 .17 hmr and is was nice little gun but it did feel like it had been scalled down .Not for vermin but I will see how far I can push my st22 at the weekend .

Mick

Why not stick a 22WMR Quad barrel into your Finnfire? I'm pretty sure the barrel spigot is the same diameter and it's just the 2 bolts in the clamp.

simple, the bolt is not long enough nor is the mag and on top of that wmr rims are a slightly bigger diameter than lr so it would require bolt work possibly on top of the other issues.

simple, the bolt is not long enough nor is the mag and on top of that wmr rims are a slightly bigger diameter than lr so it would require bolt work possibly on top of the other issues.

Tackb - I bow to your superior knowledge*, just that when I was looking into replacing my original I had a conversation with Steve Pope of Swift Precision Rifles and he was offering a .17 Mach II barrel from a known US barrel maker (escapes me at the moment) to fit my Finnfire and I'm sure it came up in conversation that the Quad barrel would fit. I just assumed that popping in a 22WMR barrel wouldn't be a problem as you don't change bolts on the Quad system. Hey ho, live and learn.

* Click! The Quad action and bolt must be longer than the Finnfire then to accommodate the bigger loading port.

atb

FBW

B)

Tackb - I bow to your superior knowledge*, just that when I was looking into replacing my original I had a conversation with Steve Pope of Swift Precision Rifles and he was offering a .17 Mach II barrel from a known US barrel maker (escapes me at the moment) to fit my Finnfire and I'm sure it came up in conversation that the Quad barrel would fit. I just assumed that popping in a 22WMR barrel wouldn't be a problem as you don't change bolts on the Quad system. Hey ho, live and learn.

* Click! The Quad action and bolt must be longer than the Finnfire then to accommodate the bigger loading port.

atb

FBW

B)

I only know because I looked at rechambering a Remington 40x I had in 22lr to wmr (still wish I had that rifle !)

Just need to find a ruger vmbz and I can start my project .....

Go with the finnfire you will not regret it. I have a finnfire match with a spare mach 2 barrel, this is one of swift precisions conversions. Bought it from minsterly after trying it. Put 5 rws subsonic hollow points into less than 3/4 of inch at 100 yards not 50 a 100. Bought it then and there. The conversion is for a quad barrel, still testing this one but it looks as promising as the 22lr. Buy one you wont sell it ever lol. Unfortunately the finnfire action is to short for either 22wmr or 17 hmr, the tragedy is sako brought out the quad not a lengthened finnfire action that would be something else.

Archived