Reloader 25 and 7-270 WSM

6mmBR

Hi guys I spoke to Ian and he is using 67.5 grains of reloader 25 in his WSM.

Here lies a small problem he is using a true 7WSM which has a slightly larger capacity than the 7-270 WSM I'm planning.

Mainly Andy or Grant or anyone who runs a 270/300 derivative what would you concider a max load for Rel 25?

Also if its not rude to ask what charge/velocity do you get and use.

Also I have some N165 to try any good? what charge weights/velocities do you get and do you rate it against Rel 25.

Also has anyone tried H4831SC any thoughts.

Cheers guys, see you on the range.

Dave

Hi guys I spoke to Ian and he is using 67.5 grains of reloader 25 in his WSM.

Here lies a small problem he is using a true 7WSM which has a slightly larger capacity than the 7-270 WSM I'm planning.

Mainly Andy or Grant or anyone who runs a 270/300 derivative what would you concider a max load for Rel 25?

Also if its not rude to ask what charge/velocity do you get and use.

Also I have some N165 to try any good? what charge weights/velocities do you get and do you rate it against Rel 25.

Also has anyone tried H4831SC any thoughts.

Cheers guys, see you on the range.

Dave

Hi Dave i use H4831 66grns br2 primer 3060fps es 9 .

Also give h1000 a real close look the Border boys swear by it 69/70 grains at about 3100 , we all know how Dan Brough shoots . very good barrel life with H1000 to ive tested a bit with it and its very smooth to shoot , I found a load for the 4831 first so i will go with that for the euros no time left for messing about with loads.

I use a 7/300 , the border lot use 7/270 and 7/300 hope this helps Dave see you next week.

Danny

RL 25 - 67.6 grains - 3080 fps in the old (now disused Broughton)

That was very stable with 180 Bergers (when I didnt mix thick and thin jackets...)

ES was low single digits

My reamer is 7mm/270 with 313nk.

I used Norma 300 WSM brass necked down with initially a reduction bushing borrowed from Vince, now with my own machined reducer bushing.

Ians reamer (7mm WSM) was a one off custom, designed so it would seat a 180 VLD / 168 A Max at 2980 OAL to suit AICS mags for "extended range" multiple targets....

So case capacity will be slightly reduced.

I havent tried any other powder than RL25 and I buy 3 - 4 tubs and mix them all together decanting back into tubs to prevent inconsistancies in powder lots.

Hi Dave i use H4831 66grns br2 primer 3060fps es 9 .

Also give h1000 a real close look the Border boys swear by it 69/70 grains at about 3100 , we all know how Dan Brough shoots . very good barrel life with H1000 to ive tested a bit with it and its very smooth to shoot , I found a load for the 4831 first so i will go with that for the euros no time left for messing about with loads.

I use a 7/300 , the border lot use 7/270 and 7/300 hope this helps Dave see you next week.

Danny

Cheers Danny it will be good to catch up, when are you arriving?

Cheers

Dave

RL 25 - 67.6 grains - 3080 fps in the old (now disused Broughton)

That was very stable with 180 Bergers (when I didnt mix thick and thin jackets...)

ES was low single digits

My reamer is 7mm/270 with 313nk.

I used Norma 300 WSM brass necked down with initially a reduction bushing borrowed from Vince, now with my own machined reducer bushing.

Ians reamer (7mm WSM) was a one off custom, designed so it would seat a 180 VLD / 168 A Max at 2980 OAL to suit AICS mags for "extended range" multiple targets....

So case capacity will be slightly reduced.

I havent tried any other powder than RL25 and I buy 3 - 4 tubs and mix them all together decanting back into tubs to prevent inconsistancies in powder lots.

Thanks Andy thats a good tip with the powder. Ian said there is quite a variation between lots.

See you next week

Cheers

Dave

Ill be there thursday, hopefully before closing time....

Returning sat night - have JJ seminar all day Sunday..

Cheers Danny it will be good to catch up, when are you arriving?

Cheers

Dave

early doors thursday Dave for the practise, i will find you on the range matey , hope we have a dry one were due a dry euro comp .

Thanks for that Vince, does that statement include the newer thick jackets?

Cheers

Dave

Well, my accuracy load is 3050 fps so I've not pushed it beyond that since I blew the odd Berger in testing - which was maybe five years ago. The 180gn Sierras have appeared since but I've not tried them. My reamer was actually ground to suit the 180gn Cauteruccio bullet but the Bergers shoot better....

Vince

davy i have been up to 70grn with r25 with out to much probs 3200+ but it aint accurate up at that end ,my most accurate load was 66-66.5 grns it shot verry sweet ,i have only tried n165 with was verry accuarate but fps was slower

i shoot the 7-270wsm its fast but its not a patch on the 7mm shehane for pure accuracy and vertical

davy i have been up to 70grn with r25 with out to much probs 3200+ but it aint accurate up at that end ,my most accurate load was 66-66.5 grns it shot verry sweet ,i have only tried n165 with was verry accuarate but fps was slower

i shoot the 7-270wsm its fast but its not a patch on the 7mm shehane for pure accuracy and vertical

Thanks Grant, its just for those bad days and 1100 and 1200 yards!

Just found this year because of poor shooting conditions just been a point or two off pace.

Hopefully this will re address that.

Have to agree even in the sh!tty weather of the last shoot at Diggle the Shehane held amazing vertical just need to read the wind better or have slightly kinder conditions to allow it to really strut its stuff!

See you at the Europeans

Dave

Archived